Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2024, 07:58 AM

Sunday 10th March 2024

Morning all. Well I watched the breed bits again yesterday and boy were some of those dogs not happy at being handled by the judge. Not impressed. It will be interesting to see what is Best in Show this evening. Also not impressed by the council tax people here. They have sent me my bill including putting on an amount that has been paid but because it was on a Friday when payment taken out of my bank they haven't included it because bill was made up before the end of February. So, heads will roll on Monday when I phone them and hopefully sort it out. You can tell I am cross about it. Anyway dull and rainy here. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2024, 08:56 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow on this dark wet day.
Good luck tomorrow with the council tax row.

Happy Mothers day to all the mums.

Haven't watched Crufts brenda but will see if I can get the working dogs (Bernese ) on catch up.
I have picked up elsewhere some I know did well in their classes.

We are off to Mark and Lauren's later Mark is cooking for us for Mothers day.

Have a nice Sunday everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2024, 09:55 AM
Morning all
We are lucky here Brenda, council tax is paid over 10 months so all payments are cleared before the new bill is made up, if you contact them and say could you spread the payments over 12 months they will let you do it. Steve pays his in cash but because the office is only open 8.30-5 and he works, I end up paying by card online and he gives me the cash.
Lynn, hope you have a lovely dinner and day with your family.
I just got mum a card purse and some chocolate. It all kicked off here again with my dad, it's really quite tedious now. A friend is having a difficult time and mum had said to him that if I was still in touch with my mate I would have had some advice and help with dealing with her husband....he turned round and said that he didn't go in the pub so why couldn't I?? My mum explained that the tramp still works there and I am going to kill her when I am sober let alone drunk....the denials started again, didn't know where we were getting our information but it's wrong so........we confronted him with the messages from his phone, first time he has seen them! He came down apologising saying he didn't remember any of it!!! He sent my mum a text apologising for all the hurt and pain he has caused us and if he had the guts he would top himself but he doesn't have the guts so won't....we just ignored it lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2024, 10:01 AM
Morning griff. We pay our council tax the same way and get February and March off and it's nice when I do the bills for the month and realise we have the extra money for us for the next two months.
Not got the new bill yet that might be a sharp intake of breath when it turns up.

Sorry to hear life is still very tedious at home.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2024, 10:12 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you get everything sorted tomorrow Brenda

Sorry you life is still being upset by your dad Kelly.

Enjoy your Mother's Dat at Mark and Lauren's Lynn

Wet here today so took the opportunity to clip Teazle and give her a bath. Just finished so a quick coffee before getting lunch. Finished yesterday by spreading the moss killer on the lawn which I knew would be washed in today.

Happy Mother's Day t all mums. Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2024, 10:12 AM
Yeah Lynn, ours has gone up around 5% I think and they are charging for brown bin collection from June I think.... people aren't happy about that.
Steve's collecting a dinner today, that's 3 weeks I have managed to get him to do it, he has also bought me a dress and is dropping that off, he said if it's no good not to worry but I said to my mum I will wear it, even if it is horrible and just put a big coat on lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2024, 07:08 PM
The dress is really nice... haven't tried it on yet will try it Tuesday hopefully.
Got everything sorted for tomorrow, hoping I haven't forgotten anything. Tickets are on my phone and printed out too, just need to make a sandwich in the morning and then say my prayers that the train network doesn't let me down lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2024, 07:15 PM
I hope you had a nice Mothers day Sue and were spoilt, you deserve being spoilt.
Lol about the dress griff. Mark has a bin for garden waste collection and mentioned they are now going to be charged monthly for it.

Had such a lovely afternoon, Joel was with us and Mark cooked a lovely dinner toad in the hole mashed potatoes and veg and gravy.
I was as usual thoroughly spoilt.
So much dessert too.

Seems Freya will be going to nursery on a Monday from the 8th of April, they are at Butlins for the Easter weekend celebrating Lauren's brothers 40th and coming home Monday the 1st then Freya starts the extra day from the 8th.
So 3 more Mondays then we have our Mondays back except for Bank holidays and the odd Sunday.
We will not miss the early mornings, and diesel costs but will miss Freya we have had her from 9 months old till 2.5 and sometimes in the beginning 3 days a week.
We will be glad to get up a bit later and book days away from a Monday or till a Monday though.

We will make the effort to catch up with them for lunch every couple of months either when both off or either one has a day off.

Good luck tomorrow griff and glad you like the dress.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2024, 09:15 PM
Lynn, when it's an option, you can easily offer to take her another day as a one off treat if you wanted to say go to the zoo etc. Freya will have so much to tell you about her days at nursery too and I am sure Mark and Lauren really appreciate you helping out, especially when other grandparents didn't pull their weight. I was chatting to my mum the other day as my friend is in a similar situation, just trying to get back into work and her ex husband not helping, she can now get more hours at nursery as the little one will be 2 soon, I said it's mad isn't it.... thinking back, my nan and grandad had us before school, after school, school holidays and it's so much harder now as grandparents are having to work longer themselves
I will be ok once I actually get to Oxford, I just absolutely hate being late anywhere and you hear such horror stories about trains, I have made sure that I should have 2 hours after I arrive so any delays shouldn't hinder me too much