Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 04:17 PM

Its Been A Very Emotional Afternoon

In a good way though.
The hydrotherapist has been thrilled with shadys leg and said the muscle is building fast now. So I took her and kyiro to the field this afternoon and just let her off with him.
She trotted off and then came running back to me looking for her frisbee to be thrown, she remembered after all these months of confinement and restriction, that when I let her off after shutting the gate I threw her frisbee. I had to show her I hadn't got it and I hope she soon learns I never will have again as that would certainly redamage the leg or do the other one.
Once she got the idea there was no frisbee she was running happily about playing and sniffing.
You all know our ups and huge downs, poor Shady has been to hell and back mentally as have I, through these months after the op, that I nearly never had done, and after which I never thought I would see her ever have fun again, so to see her really happy and enjoying herself this afternoon and actually able to run and wear off some energy, I just welled up and then dropped to my knees and sobbed. I know it sounds silly but I never ever dreamed this day would come and I was so happy to see her happy again, the emotion just overtook me. There she was after all this time running and playing like a normal dog.
I also got to get a really good look at her movement now she was free and when she was trotting away from me she was 100% sound and had lovely straight movement.
Thankyou everyone who kept me going and helped get Shady through this. We couldn't have done it without you all.
I think we really are there now
Puffin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Hi - being a newbie I'm not up on the whole story but what a lovely post! How lovely to see Shady running around happily - even if there's no frisbee. V happy for you! And not surprised there were tears (happy ones!).
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Awwww, it's lovely to hear Shady is doing so well now. It must be such a relief that it's all over now for both of you and she can carry on like a normal doggy now Congratulations!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Fantatsic Bev! I had to twitch my nose while reading your post.......such a great bit of news!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 05:16 PM
So pleased for you both Madmare
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 05:36 PM
brilliant x
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Fantastic news
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Brilliant news, I am sooooooooooooooooo happy for Shady!!!
And you of course!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 06:56 PM
At last! As you say Bev, you finally got there with Shady No wonder you were quite overwhelmed today seeing her like she is now, and long may it continue I say!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Oh, that is fantastic! So happy for you both
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >