Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2009, 03:26 PM
easy..........my boy Hector

he has been the only dog that can read me well. i only have to do 'the look' and he knows he is my soul mate and is only happy when he's with me and you can see that with his adoring look.
it goes both ways too. i would do anything for him, i adore him, even tho' he's had health probs i would sell my house for him.........now thats LOVE
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2009, 04:12 PM
All my dogs have been / are special. Not a cop-out - they have all been so different, and all so great.
Sheila - my first dog. How special is that! The most intelligent, gentlest GSD ever.
Lucy - brave, bold, bolshie, belligerent Protected us and looked after us.
Rose - a scrap of skin and bone who grew into a streak of lightning. Taken too soon.
Holly - a `runt` who became a friend to all and a sweet-natured companion.
Laddie - who taught me what gundogs are about, and has now turned into Victor Meldrew
Sheba - entrusted to me for such a short while and now gone to Daddy
Bran - who endured so much cruelty and is my disables son`s best mate
Daisy - so beautiful, so fierce, so full of life
Shamus - my Irish boy who snuggles up beside me when it`s cold.
Love them all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2009, 04:36 PM
They have all been the "best dogs" in their own way, in their own time.
Over all Mo is totally amazing in every way
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Selkie.
She's my everything.
I really don't know what I will do without her.
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2009, 07:29 PM
i cant decide they are both different

penny who is so ladylike and she loves everything food people dogs and she loves nuffing better but to snuggle up in the duvet on the sofa!

cookie who talks to me all the time if i talk she will squeak back! she is the tomboy of the family loves mud and water, and gets so excited when the bikes come out!

noo cant decide!! love them both my little chickens
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I always held my old JRT girly Polly as "the best" out of all the dogs over the years, but looking back..as much as I loved her..she really was quite a bad behaved dog Who got away with some terrible behaviour!

Easy to pick, and I think she'll be hard hard to beat even if i live to be three hundred, Florrie..a simple working bred terrier x, with the most even temper ever, so placid, so docile, lazy yet motivated, was a wonder to train, is a pleasure to own, so responsive..she's as close to perfect as i've ever met. She nannies every baby animal, and takes everything in life in her stride. And even better, doesn't need a lead to go anywhere..though near roads I still do. Never to the vets 'cept vaccs, microchipping and speying, toilet trained in three days, slotted in so easy as a babba. She is by far, the best spent 220 quid ever!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2009, 08:52 PM
I couldn't pick! My current 6, all have something that makes them special to me!

Misty - She's my first dog that is mine and only mine, and She loves me and only me!

Gracie - She's so gentle and always wants a cuddle!

Hamish - He's just such a personality and makes me laugh nearly everyday!

Charlie - He has my complete trust, I'd take him anywhere and let anyone give him a cuddle!

Midge - We have managed to work together, so that he is now my 'sheep' and he follows me everywhere!

Tilly - We've taken her out of somewhere bad and She already looks better and She seems happier!

My Mum's Golden Retriever's Bonnie & Clyde and My Dad's Dog, Scamp - These three confirmed my love for dogs and gave me some great memories when I still lived with each of my parents!

If I had to pick it would be none of the above, it would be my Grandparents Rough Collie, Max, They got him as a pup when I was a few months old, so we grew up together! He was my doggy brother. When my Grandparents knew I was coming over, they'd tell Max and he'd get all excited and then sit on the step outside the back door waiting for me, he used to sit and let me cuddle him, and he'd lick behind my ears, and share my sausages!! I was devastated when he died, I was on holiday in Lanzarote in 2000, on the last day of the holiday and my dad said that he started to go downhill a few days before hand, and it was almost like he was waiting to see if I'd come and say goodbye, as he had seen the rest of family. It still makes me whell up and I still go down to the end of my Grandparents Garden and see him when i am home!!
Squeaker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2009, 03:09 AM
Oh that is a hard question.

I should say Ellie because she is MY first dog that I have owned and I love her to bits and can't imagine my life without her and hope to have many happy memories with her but I grew up with some amazing dogs and even now all of them are still part of our family.

Jackson - Black Labrador x Irish Wolfhound. The gentlest dog I have ever met. Mum and Dad had him before I was born and I grew up with him. He was a rascal and escaped and got picked up by the dog rangers more than my Dad would have liked. He died peacefully in his sleep at a ripe old age of 17!

Muffin - Mini long-haired Daschund. The sweetest little girl, very calm and collected and not fazed by anything. Mum bred her once and she was the best mummy ever. She outlived all of our other dogs. She was pts a couple of years ago now, she was blind, deaf, hand only 2 teeth left and had severe dementia which compromised her quality of life. She was 17.

Maggie - German Shepherd. I talked my Dad into getting her because I always wanted a GSD. He succumbed and fell in love with her and she was no longer mine. ) She was super smart and was an obedience whiz and had plenty of ribbons to show for it. Unfortunately 2 years into her life we discovered she has severe osteoporosis of the hips, but she never let it stop her and she lived until she was 13 when Dad made the gut renching decision to put Mags to sleep because she could no longer stand.

Just writing about these lovely dogs brings tears to my eyes.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 04:35 AM
Moxie, she's my one and only baby girl. My heart dog. My first own dog and the best dog ever. She doesn't have flaws. She's taught me so much about dogs and training. Because of her I am going to be a social worker. She got me into animal assisted therapy, and I just fell in love with helping others. No telling what I'd be doing if it weren't for her. I'm generally a very shy withdrawn person, but Moxie has brought me out of my shell. She's introduced me to wonderful people and activities and a whole world I had never experienced before. Moxie has spoiled me for other dogs. I know there will never be another like her, and I'm not sure what I would do without her. She's my special baby girl.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2009, 05:33 PM
I love all 3 of my dogs but it has to be said that Flynn is my special lad. He has his many faults but he's entertaining, always doing something silly and is ready to do whatever you want him to do.

He is a difficult dog to handle because of his highly strung personality but he gives everything he does 110% and you can never fault him for his enthusiasm (but sometimes his over enthusiasm is his downfall and it's difficult to slow him down).

He's very responsive, very reactive and watches my every move like a hawk and he doesnt miss a trick.

On top of that, he's an extremely handsome lad who gets lots of attention when we are out and he's done very well in his gundog training.

He's the kind of dog who would excel in just about any field, from being a working gundog through to shutzhund, working trials, agility, flyball etc. Having said that, he does none of these disciplines simply because I find his excitement difficult to calm and his speed impossible to keep up with which is a shame for Flynn.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »