Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rottielover
New Member!
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:24 PM

Breeding Help

hi I am trying to breed my female dog she is 18 mnths old and this is her first time of mating we have tried her several times with the other male dog unfortunately they have not tied her tail is flagging she is standing still he is most certainly interested and mounts her for long periods of time at one point he was on her for about 4 mins and when he eventually dismounted his penis was very enlarged I am wondering if this was the tie and it was very quick.Is it possible for a mating like this to become successful and how likely it would be for her to have puppies.any awnswers for this would be gratefully appreciated kind regards.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:40 PM
why are you breeding?

have you had ALL the relevant health tests done on your bitch and the males?

how many other times have you tried? as she is still young.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:54 PM
hi
your bitch is too young to breed from.she is not physically or mentaly mature enough yet,my advise to you is to get her hip and elbow scored at least,wait another 18months until she is mature enough and in that time visit read and talk to expierienced rottie breeders i dont mean to sound harsh but there is alot more to dog breeding than just putting two dogs together.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Wtf Is It A Full Moon Or What?????
rottielover
New Member!
Female 

11-06-2009, 07:35 PM
what do you mean random
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 07:55 PM
What do I mean?

Ok firstly, at 18 months old, she is too young to be having a litter.

Secondly, what are her hip and elbow scores and those of the sire?
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 07:59 PM
££££££££££££££££££...........is all i see here.
rottielover
New Member!
Female 

11-06-2009, 08:29 PM
can i just say you don't know anything about my dogs or me and you really have'nt asked why i am breeding them ata ll so please if you wish to be unkind do not reply to my topic i only asked a simple quetsion
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Are the prospective parents hip/elbow scored? Have you done any other health tests?

No, you're right, I don't know a thing about you or your dogs and that is why I asked about the scores? Despite this, I don't know why anyone would breed a bitch at 18 months, let alone a big breed like a Rottweiler, you do know that she is not yet fully mature don't you?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:08 PM
hi,

first off,....yup 18 months old is young to be breeding your bitch, It sounds as though your stud dog may be young and inexperianced if your not getting a tie,

it sounds like hes not hitting at all,

If I were you.... I would right off this season, then do the health tests if you have not done so already,
that way you can go to an experianced breeder if the scores are good, get a stud dog that knows what hes doing,

having two young dogs go at it is not a good idea, go find an experianced breeder with a good quality stud that compliments your bitch. you have loads of time to do this, shes a bit to young to mate,
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >