Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I think ITV news have played their part in spreading the word.

How on earth is it worthy of being on 'the bongs' at the start of the main news.
Spot on, though I would be surprised that if they get their own way and he leaves the bbc they will be all to quick to offer him a job.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
If someone phoned me and left messages like that I would actually contact the police.
Precisely
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley
If someone phoned me and left messages like that I would actually contact the police
Exactly!!!

Cant stand either of them , think they both need to be brought down a peg or two, and this one has come and give them a well deserved kick up the backside.

I do think it is has all gone a little overboard thought, the PM being involved....

But on the whole, they overstepped all boundaries with their vile comments would anyone think it was fun, if it had been your grandad who was on the recieving end of their humor ...so.. as the saying goes...

If you cant take ...dont dish it!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 11:29 AM
I think there have been some very good views expressed on my other thread......54 of them at the last count
I think they have had enough publicity here and elsewhere.
They are scum and I don't want to comment any further.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
yes it was a stupid prank.
If the BBC, Ross and Brand are at the top, it means there is currently no real bad news, like a tsunami or 9/11 or a massacre to report. That's good news.
err, not too sure of your logic there.
just because a news broadcast does not feature the bad events going on in the world, does not mean that their are no bad events - or bad news - going on in the world that we can be informed about.
i havent googled, but i bet i could find dozens of stories that would have been way more worthy than Brand/Ross being first headline.
probably including the following headlines during that very broadcast, as one example?
stuff in afghanistan? the economy?
the dozens of unreported wars?
etc etc etc
you know, all the important things our Parliament and Gov should also be worrying about instead.

i agree with Azz, espesh after the lady in question admitted she had slept with Brand, she is part of a dance troupe called Satanic Sluts.
and she is being sponsored by The Sun whom featured a typically sensationalist front page yesterday stating Andrew Sachs is appalled and thinks they should be sacked, completely contrary to his televised interview!
and during her wounded pride managed to drop her sex secrets into The Sun!

expect to see her on page 3 and Celeb Big Bro anyday soon

and wasn't Davina surprisingly wise

doncha just luv the lamb like Great British Public.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Really quite simple logic to follow KW - nothing of such magnitude that it would take top slot unquestionably.
I'm not foolish enough to think there is nothing else going on, but as I tried to point out - nothing of such magnitude that everything else pales into insignificance.

You weren't being "picky" were you?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Really quite simple logic to follow KW - nothing of such magnitude that it would take top slot unquestionably.
I'm not foolish enough to think there is nothing else going on, but as I tried to point out - nothing of such magnitude that everything else pales into insignificance.

You weren't being "picky" were you?
are you being serious?

(i, however, am)
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
err, not too sure of your logic there.
just because a news broadcast does not feature the bad events going on in the world, does not mean that their are no bad events - or bad news - going on in the world that we can be informed about.
i havent googled, but i bet i could find dozens of stories that would have been way more worthy than Brand/Ross being first headline.
probably including the following headlines during that very broadcast, as one example?
stuff in afghanistan? the economy?
the dozens of unreported wars?
etc etc etc
you know, all the important things our Parliament and Gov should also be worrying about instead.

i agree with Azz, espesh after the lady in question admitted she had slept with Brand, she is part of a dance troupe called Satanic Sluts.
and she is being sponsored by The Sun whom featured a typically sensationalist front page yesterday stating Andrew Sachs is appalled and thinks they should be sacked, completely contrary to his televised interview!
and during her wounded pride managed to drop her sex secrets into The Sun!

expect to see her on page 3 and Celeb Big Bro anyday soon

and wasn't Davina surprisingly wise

doncha just luv the lamb like Great British Public.
So in other words she deserves all she gets Tell me is this 2008 or 1808

I couldn't care less about the grandaughter, what she does and with whom.
This is about a broadcast from a public funded corporation, from 2 adults who should have known better. It was aimed at a totally innocent 78yr old man by way of his personal phone and then broadcast to the nation. There were numerous messages left and one stated AS was probably not answering because he was a home commiting suicide because of the calls. Is this funny? Should this just be dismissed as a childish stunt and nothing more?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 12:24 PM
What they did was illegal, if any of us used our place of work to place those calls to anyone we would be dismissed instantly for gross misconduct.

How would our grandfathers have felt if they had got those calls ?
How would you feel if you received them about your grand daughter ?

Bad enough the calls were made using our money (license fee) they were representing us as BBC employees and I don't want them doing this in my name thank you very much !
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
are you being serious?

(i, however, am)
Yes I am being serious, and if you can't see the logic, I have to wonder if you are being deliberately obtuse.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »