Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
Georgina Baillie has admitted that she has actually slept with RB...but I agree it was wrong for them to ring Sachs and leave the messages they did.
So it's wrong, you must surely realise that when you are in the position they are, and especially when you are paid, in one year, thousands of times more than you will ever earn in a lifetime, that the consequences of wrong doing are severe (Otherwise you wouldn't be receiving that kind of money in the first place) so they did wrong, so they get the sack.

For heavens sake toughen up, it's this laissez faire, not my business, don't watch it if you don't like it attitude which I really don't understand.

If I go buy some secondhand TV broadcasting equipment and start putting out lewd movies near your house will you be happy If a paedeophile comes to live next door to you would you be happy

As I said above, millions of people are going to be made redundant next year so what the heck is the justification in trying to keep those numbers down by a figure of two

As I said in my previous post..........I just don't get it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
People have lost their jobs for far less why should these two be allowed to keep theirs.
A voice of sanity - well said.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2008, 02:09 PM
These guys are just a pair of ****wits, whose only contribution to society is an excuse for retroactive abortion. The world of broadcasting will be greatly improved by their loss.
If, as I've heard said, British broadcasting is the best in the world, I hate to think what the rest is like. Television, in particular, is today's most powerful tool for education, but all it does is spread vulgarity, bad spelling and shocking grammar.

My cousin USED TO BE Ross's producer (HE ISN'T NOW), and I gather that JR has a habit of over-ruling producers with whom he doesn't agree. He's not ONLY a prat, you know - he's an arrogant prat. Good flippin' riddance.

Snorri
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I've always like JR and RB but after listening to that rubbish on the Youtube link, I think I feel differently about them! They sounded like two teenagers showing-off - utter idiots. The worst thing being that this rubbish was left on an elderly man's answerphone - very distasteful. Their lack of respect astounds me and I think they need to grow up! Think I'll be watching something different on Friday night this week!
Well, I'll definitely be watching something different on Friday now that they've been suspended. I think it was the right decision that they be suspended. The Producer also needs a blast for allowing the rubbish to be aired but JR and RB need to understand that there are limits and they crossed the line big-time - in my opinion
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 02:31 PM
I think it was in very poor taste, but if the story hadn't been reported so widely they wouldn't have got that many complaints. Russell Brand's show is on quite late at night and I think his audience knows what to expect from him. I've listened to it once but it was just a load of waffle so I switched it off.

I think the producer of the show should be sacked as it was a pre-recorded show - so he knew what he was broadcasting. It wasn't like it was spur of the moment.

I think Jonathon Ross has got far too big for his boots lately and maybe this will make him a bit more humble (not likely I know ).

But I do think there are more important things going on in the world and the amount of airtime this ridiculous piece of 'news' has taken up is just silly.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I agree why should I pay £147 a year to watch that load of sh.te. Too much money and no brains to go with it imo
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I agree why should I pay £147 a year to watch that load of sh.te. Too much money and no brains to go with it imo
Just an aside, but I pay £20 a month to have Sky, and very rarely watch any of the BBC channels... yet I still have to pay my TV license as well I think it would be lovely if I could "opt out" of the BBC's channels and shows, and stop paying my TV license altogether. Afterall, I can watch Doctor Who and Torchwood (the only BBC shows I have seen in the last four or five years ) on BBC iPlayer even without a TV license
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
But I do think there are more important things going on in the world and the amount of airtime this ridiculous piece of 'news' has taken up is just silly.
Well said!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 03:13 PM
This girl is in a band called the Satanic Sluts. She is half naked on many of today's papers and news websites. I am sure Sachs knew what kind of grand daughter he had! This has turned into a publicity stunt that she is benefiting from!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Now I have a very wicked dry sense of humour but even I could see nothing funny in that at all. It was a really horrible nasty thing to do not a funny thing.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >