Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
And it was aired, people complained, the bbc deal with the complaints. There is no need for such a witch hunt, where were the other 9000 people when the show aired? just a case of bandwagon jumping and I think the people who suggest the MPs or police should do something need to see there is alot more things they should be doing.

They also should lose their jobs, It was a mistake and like I said tasteless but sackable? Not imo.
So only the people who listened to the show on that saturday should be allowed to complain?

The show should never have been aired as it breaks broadcasting laws, should the people who allowed it to go on air, despite the embarrassment it may cause, be held accountable and keep their jobs? Are they more accountable that JR and RB?
As far as I am concerned, the two of them didn't just overstep the mark, they jumped over it and then went back and did it another few times.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
So only the people who listened to the show on that saturday should be allowed to complain?

The show should never have been aired as it breaks broadcasting laws, should the people who allowed it to go on air, despite the embarrassment it may cause, be held accountable and keep their jobs? Are they more accountable that JR and RB?
As far as I am concerned, the two of them didn't just overstep the mark, they jumped over it and then went back and did it another few times.
The fact the the show was put online and then pulled as not to cause more offensive, thus meaning a vast majority have only the soundbites and quotes to go off.
Did you also see when it was first aired? 18th september so why as it taken a month for people to realise they were offened? Because they have listened to the news and read the papers and decided they were offened.

If anyone should go its the producer of the show for allowing it to air.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:59 PM
The fact the the show was put online and then pulled as not to cause more offensive, thus meaning a vast majority have only the soundbites and quotes to go off.
Did you also see when it was first aired? 18th september so why as it taken a month for people to realise they were offened? Because they have listened to the news and read the papers and decided they were offened.

No I only heard it on Sunday and my reaction would have been the same had I heard it on the 18th sep, I am afraid I am one of those people who are currently on the bandwagon.
So it happened over a month ago and RB still had not apologised for his behaviour, it doesn't sound as if the BBC dealt with it very effectively.
How is the producer anymore accountable than the people who actually spoke the words?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 07:01 PM
I take your point Stormey, but I decided a long, long time ago that they offend me and my TV and radio go off as soon as either of these come on.
I do not understand why the BBC allows JR to continue in the way he does and then pay him a socking great salary for doing it.
They are both vile, perverted and obscene. Now is the time for them to go.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 07:32 PM
pair of idiots
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Because someone has lost their job for something less(And I dont think she should have) shouldnt mean you should sack someone for doing something worse, go down that route and the unemployment rate would rocket more than it is.
I think you are saying that in the real world your mate at work gets sacked for being 45 minutes late on the previous four Mondays (3 Hrs.) but someone else doesn't get sacked although he is 10 minutes late every day for four weeks (3.3 Hrs.) but I really think this is different, these two people are earning huge amounts of money, that in my view means that they have a responsibilty to act as a role model which they clearly did not.

He probably will After all he doesn't earn anything like the same money so can't employ some smart **** lawyer

And I now hear that these guys are paid this sort of money for being crass and abusive

What the hell is wrong with society that seems to think that being abusive and rude and crass and ignorant is to be admired and paid huge amounts of money for, God, I could do that anytime.

I hate the cult of 'personality' I hate the term 'celebrity' I hate the way people idolise anyone on TV ............In fact I hate most of the world ..................excluding all the lovely people on here 'tho

Edited to add:-
OMG Dogsey doesn't like the A word !! Now here we have two people broadcasting heaven only knows what kind of abuse about a little grandchild and I can't use the A word, now I'm really mad - sack them, sack the producer, sack the whole BBC !!!
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I have to say that if I spoke rudely to a headteacher or other professional who called my office, or if I phoned them to say that they had missed a meeting and I swore, I would be disciplined by my manager. To make comments like these guys did, even in jest, would cost me my job. It's not acceptable.

It is true, though, that these things are always incredibly blown up by the media. TBH, I feel that it's something that should have been sorted out between JR and RB and Andrew Sachs without all the media intervention. They behaved badly (on air, no less ) and should apologise, not only to Mr Sachs, but to Georgina as well. I once had horrible phonecalls from someone at college, and it was incredibly upsetting and degrading.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
I have to say that if I spoke rudely to a headteacher or other professional who called my office, or if I phoned them to say that they had missed a meeting and I swore, I would be disciplined by my manager. To make comments like these guys did, even in jest, would cost me my job. It's not acceptable.

It is true, though, that these things are always incredibly blown up by the media. TBH, I feel that it's something that should have been sorted out between JR and RB and Andrew Sachs without all the media intervention. They behaved badly (on air, no less ) and should apologise, not only to Mr Sachs, but to Georgina as well. I once had horrible phonecalls from someone at college, and it was incredibly upsetting and degrading.
It started on the media, not just a case of the media blowing it out of proportion. JR and RB did the "blowing up"
As Stormey pointed out, this occured on Sept 18th, it has taken this long for any sort of apology to take place. Which confirms the type of people they are.
I really hope this is the end of the pair of them.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I've always like JR and RB but after listening to that rubbish on the Youtube link, I think I feel differently about them! They sounded like two teenagers showing-off - utter idiots. The worst thing being that this rubbish was left on an elderly man's answerphone - very distasteful. Their lack of respect astounds me and I think they need to grow up! Think I'll be watching something different on Friday night this week!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:46 PM
I think they are both funny guys, i make a point of watching jr on a friday as he makes me and hubby laugh.

Just listened to you tube, think its very silly and immature what they did. I think they should be pulled in line for it but sacked no.

I heard today that the bbc bosses where told not to air it as it was recorded but they did anyway...so i do think they have a part of blame in this as well.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >