Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 08:57 PM

I hope ive done the right thing...

Right guys, basically I get maried next year, and the past few months Ive really been p***ed off with his sister (she was a bridesmaid originally!) She just became really rude about the wedding, said we werent involving her and she didnt think she would turn up!!!! nice!! This caused a massive rift between us, and I decided I didnt want her as a bridesmaid anymore.

My OH was from teeside and we bought a house near mu mum and dad in lincolnshire, I think this may have been a problem for her!!

She wouold ignore us when we travelled to see his parents and be generally rude.

The sad thing is, we did get on at one stage, and I really believed we could be good friends (she the same age as me)

Well tonight Ive bitten the bullet and emailed her, saying we shoudl put this rift behind us and move on, hopefully becoming friends again...was this the right thing??

I just dont want Mark to keep getting upset about us not getting on, and lifes to short for grudges, its really hard because she always gets her own way eith there parents, and by giving in I feel like she has won again...what do you think???....xxxxxxx
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2007, 09:05 PM
I think you are being very civil, and hopefully she will relent and stop being a spoilt brat!
It makes life easier if everyone in the family can get on, but if they don't, well at least you tried.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks, thats what im thinking!! It really was hard sending that mail...she doesnt deserve my friendship as far as Im aware..but its worth a try..i guess!! xxx For marks sake xxxx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 09:23 PM
good for you for doing the right thing. just a word of caution though she might still carry on with her behaviour but i would leave it her to make the next move

sue
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks Sue...your more than likely (in fact im sure you are) right...Im sure she will continue to be a spoilt bratt..but at least I can say I tried, and if she does try me with her dirty ways again...I can tell Mark I tried...xxx arrgh this is so awkward xxxxx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Sounds to me she doesnt like all the attention your attracting with your wedding.You have been sensible in what you have said and done,she's the one who needs to grow up,xxxxxxxx
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Sounds to me she doesnt like all the attention your attracting with your wedding.You have been sensible in what you have said and done,she's the one who needs to grow up,xxxxxxxx
Your completely right...and guess what, she got engaged last week...I wonder how much she payed him (hehe only kidding...)
Honestly though, another reason why I chose I didnt want her as a bridesmaid anyore, was, when I was showing her and her mum my wedding dress...she said 'wll im not wearing a short dress, and it better be like this etc...) Hello.......my wedding!!!!! hehe, do you want to see my dress???? xxxxxxxx Its parisien!! xxx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by annajennison View Post
Your completely right...and guess what, she got engaged last week...I wonder how much she payed him (hehe only kidding...)
Honestly though, another reason why I chose I didnt want her as a bridesmaid anyore, was, when I was showing her and her mum my wedding dress...she said 'wll im not wearing a short dress, and it better be like this etc...) Hello.......my wedding!!!!! hehe, do you want to see my dress???? xxxxxxxx Its parisien!! xxx
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 Oh you wild woman,och she asks for all she gets.Should have her wear green coz thats all she is,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 10:10 PM
hehe, if you go to cymbeline.com my dress is the main one on the site..the first one you see, the girl is sitting down wearing it!!! Let me know what u think... xxxxx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 11:00 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!That is gorgeous,you'll be stunning in that,def the belle of the ball.Can't wait to see your wedding pics,xxxxxxxxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >