View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 06:16 PM
When my son was 2 i worked at Ensign buses in Rainham Essex cleaning the open top tourist buses, 30 a night i used to clean, sweeping and cleaning the windows for minimum wage. My husband came in from work and i went out to work, hardly saw each other

I worked full time before i had kids and had a bar job at weekends to pay for my flat and car, my parents didn't help me i had get on with it.

Needs must as they say
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
All young people arnt like that, I study full time, work part time and do the odd microchip for self employment and have 3 hounds to care for.

Though I havnt been to uni today, I have very bad pains in my back/kidney area, hope it goes away I dont like doctors and cant afford to miss more lectures
Sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly, do hope it's nothing serious. I woud point out I did say SOME young people though.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly, do hope it's nothing serious. I woud point out I did say SOME young people though.
Oh I know you only said some, just thought I'd say so others do know its only some
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Oh I know you only said some, just thought I'd say so others do know its only some
No worries then, didn't want to upset the young population on here...lol....let us know how you go on.....
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2011, 06:37 PM
completely agree, i know quite a few people that fall under the umbrella of wanting everything given to them without actually doing anything about it themselves, yet see it appropriate to whine about not having money.

ever since iv been old enough, i have always had some sort of work whilst i have been studying. and i don't regret it ... at first i thought it was just my parents being mean (as i was only 15 at the time). But it taught me that if i want something, then i have to work for it, and its the same now, because at 23, i do a 37.5 hour week in the hospital as part of my placement and then i do 10 hours a week at asda filling shelves to keep my car on the road and my bank balance healthy. and on top of that i have my dissertation and other pieces of work to have ready by January. but i count myself lucky to have even a part time job, because without it, i wouldnt have the independence that my car gives me.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm 28, and had 2 1/2 years off work due to serious illness (cancer - only told I was in remission 2 weeks ago, and had a stem cell transplant 10 months ago)
Gone back to work today, just over part time, and i'm bloody shattered, but enjoyed every minute!"
It probably helps that i'm self employed, but it's still stading up, serving people, stacking shelves etc!

Of course you're going to ache when it's something new, you just have to get used to it!
A nice hot bath, and a good sleep
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 07:14 PM
You do what needs to be done in times of hardness - that's what was drilled into me from a very young age When I left my fiance at 22 he's forged my signature on stuff and I ended up in loads of debt I worked a 8 - 4 5 days a week day job plus 4 nights a week in pub, everything I earned went off the debts I lived on £30 a week for bus fares mainly I very rarely went out socially other than popping into my mates for a coffee!!

I see it over and over again especially in my job with teenage girls all they want to do is be a 'wag'! They want it so they must have it NOW by either begging the money off someone or stealing it - it's ridiculous - no work ethic at all but then again why should they have when their parents live on the dole and have probably never worked a day in their lives either
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I'm 28, and had 2 1/2 years off work due to serious illness (cancer - only told I was in remission 2 weeks ago, and had a stem cell transplant 10 months ago)
Gone back to work today, just over part time, and i'm bloody shattered, but enjoyed every minute!"
It probably helps that i'm self employed, but it's still stading up, serving people, stacking shelves etc!

Of course you're going to ache when it's something new, you just have to get used to it!
A nice hot bath, and a good sleep
So many people claim they are "too ill to work" after flippin stubbing their toe ten years ago!

They should be made to meet people like yourself!

You have an amazing attitude
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Well, you know everyone`s different. When my 3 were little I worked 4 nights a week until 3am in a night club clearing tables etc. Then I`d be up at 7 with the little ones. It nearly killed me but it was my choice.
It`s her life - she has to live with her own decisions. I have family members that have mental health issues and can`t work so I would never put anyone down who finds it too much.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Well, you know everyone`s different. When my 3 were little I worked 4 nights a week until 3am in a night club clearing tables etc. Then I`d be up at 7 with the little ones. It nearly killed me but it was my choice.
It`s her life - she has to live with her own decisions. I have family members that have mental health issues and can`t work so I would never put anyone down who finds it too much.
I know what you're saying but almost every time I speak to her she is bemoaning the fact she has no money and they can't afford to eat....it makes me feel awful that I am over here and can't physically help her in any way, but I do feel she could do a bit more to help herself and it's nothing to do with mental health issues I can assure you.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »