Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:42 AM

Chihuahua getting tummy ache in mornings

Callie has a sensitive tummy. She is 5 months old and on Hills Science diet with a tiny mix of Hi Life meat. Last week I started to change her to a low allergy Arden Grange. Her tum went haywire even though I did it slowly. She is now back on Hills and her motions are getting to normal but after a tiny breakfast she is trembly, tucked up and has tummy ache. She had bad tum like this a month or so ago but worse - ended up on antibiotics and recovery diet. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:49 AM
I would go back to the vet to try and determine the cause of her issues, she may have an underlying condition that means she has problems with absorption or she may just not be feeling well.

At any rate you want to find out what is wrong and the only way is to see the vet.

Hope all goes well.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:49 AM
If she was ok on the Hills, why did you change her food? Are you trying to prevent something else?
Hope she feels better soon

x0x
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:53 AM
The vet does know about Callie's difficult tum. We were putting her onto Ardens because she suddenly started scratching after we had her a few days and after doing all the necessary things for this we decided to get the food low allergy too. Thanks to the very helpful advice on Dogsey her coat is getting better - the Episoothe shampoo has been the biggest help.
Will give the Vet another call.