View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lennydoglover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2011, 09:28 AM

Dog friendly cottages. Anybody been with 5 or more dogs?

Next year we are thinking of hiring a cottage maybe for over the Christmas period.
We usually holiday during the year in Somerset in our caravan with our 5 dogs.
Has anybody ever hired a cottage with 5 or more dogs?
Do they even allow that amount of dogs?
Wales would be nice but will try anywhere as long as it is dog friendly
Any recommendations?
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2011, 09:45 AM
you could try the national trust cottages website, but you will have to ask them as i'm sure they have a cap on only two dogs.

if not, you can try this site i did look at it when we thought about going in a cottage in cornwall until we found a nice lodge which we now tend to stay in. five is quite a number so it might put some owners off, but i'm sure as long as they are ickle dogs and not big bulls in a china shop someone will allow you to stay.

I would recommend cornwall anytime for a doggy-holiday, there is so many breath taking places to walk and some of the best beaches in the country quite a few of which are dog friendly. The few which are not, are easy to boycott by just walking along the cliffs until you reach the next bay.

Try this site, http://www.aspects-holidays.co.uk/se...FUUPfAodYFhsmg

Sorry i know we don't tend to advertise/promote other sites, but it is a useful page to know.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 10:33 AM
try http://www.holidaysfordogs.com/Bookings.htm

not sure if there is availability for when you are looking but the people are really nice and ive heard great reports about stays there from people on a dobe forum i go on (they have 2 dobes )
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 12:28 PM
We pretty well always stay in privately owned cottages - not always, but usually. If you email the owner, explain that you have 5 dogs, they are very well-behaved, they will not jump on the furniture, etc. etc. and offer to pay a large deposit to give them peace of mind, in today's climate I don't think they would refuse. We are renting a cottage on the North Devon coast again this year for my birthday, and although on the owner's website it said "one well-behaved dog only", we emailed her and asked if we could bring 2, offering a large deposit etc. etc., and she was lovely about it. As long as you leave the place absolutely immaculate - and make sure you tell them in advance that you will - I am sure you will find somewhere.

On many occasions we have left a place cleaner then it was when we arrived, and this goes down a bomb with private owners for obvious reasons!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 12:32 PM
A friend of mine came down to here (Cornwall) last year with 2 friends and 6 dogs, they rented a cottage. I can try and find details if you like?
lennydoglover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
A friend of mine came down to here (Cornwall) last year with 2 friends and 6 dogs, they rented a cottage. I can try and find details if you like?
Thank you. If you could that would be great
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Leanne rented a Cottage in Wales with 3, I'm sure she said they didn't ask about how many or what breeds she had either.. perhaps PM her about it?
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 01:09 PM
i stayed in a cottage in aviemore in scotland. but have no idea how many dogs you would be allowed, but im guessing a few as its where they host the sleigh dogs competition and you would have more than one dog for that. Ive been in summer and winter and its lovely both times of year
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-12-2011, 01:45 PM
http://littledumpledale.co.uk/
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
i stayed in a cottage in aviemore in scotland. but have no idea how many dogs you would be allowed, but im guessing a few as its where they host the sleigh dogs competition and you would have more than one dog for that. Ive been in summer and winter and its lovely both times of year
I have always wanted to go to that sleigh dogs competition! Did you have fun? I may have to find out details of this cottage for next year.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >