Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
None of this is trained. He is just a gentle fellow. Sometimes I think he is the best dog on the planet.
I totaly agree ref. training, sometimes all a dog needs is stability, routine, a decent dinner, and lots of TLC.

Our Casey is a different dog now, big yes, but like yours he is a gentle giant and I never put him on lead unless we are near a road.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I totaly agree ref. training, sometimes al a dog needs is stability, routine, a decent dinner, and lots of TLC.

Our Casey is a different dog now, big yes, but like yours he is a gentle giant and I never put him on lead unless we are near a road.
Ah, we are on the same page here. Ours was a very nervous boy when we first collected him from the rescue centre.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Ah, we are on the same page here. Ours was a very nervous boy when we first collected him from the rescue centre.
Casey had been in a general rescue kennels for about a year and then a further year with the Newfoundland Club welfare lady.

Some dogs absolutely hate being in kennels and they stress out as you've discovered, but you've obviously done a grand job with him and he'll repay you with lifelong and unconditional devotion.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Casey had been in a general rescue kennels for about a year and then a further year with the Newfoundland Club welfare lady.

Some dogs absolutely hate being in kennels and they stress out as you've discovered, but you've obviously done a grand job with him and he'll repay you with lifelong and unconditional devotion.
Thank you kindly.

I've said this before but it bears a repeat.

You have to be prepared to invest time and patience if you are, or want to be, a dog owner. And you get repaid many times over.

But I think there are those who want to have a dog, sometimes inappropriate to their circumstances, who haven't really thought it through or maybe just don't realise.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4