View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2009, 10:03 PM

what weird things do your dogs do with water?

ruby is a funny creature

with her water bowl, she has her drink then sticks her head in till her nose is under the water and blows bubbles you can hear the bubbles bubbling up and when she looks at you obviously her face is soaking wet which she then dries on you
but when out in the rain she isnt impressed and wants to go home avoiding puddles, if we have the hose pipe on she keeps just out of the way of it, it must be special bubble making water in the water bowl eh???
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 10:25 PM
aw, that sounds so cute!

jake loves water... any water . if he sees a puddle, he is right in there. he does a wee frolicy thing in the puddles, splashing everywhere and getting wet and muddy... he also loves the water in the paddling pool, he paws at it for ages and then sometimes tried to catch the watch, especially when the hose is in it.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Louis is a water dog he doesn't overly like baths but if it is a puddle or a dam he will be in it. My O/H's dog puts his head in this water bucket too, very strange, plus on hot days I have found him standing in his water bucket(only two front legs as he is a biiigggg dog), it was so pathetic had to buy a clam shell and fill it with water so he could lay in it if he wants to.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Missy will walk around puddlles outside, dig her heels in if its raining and you want to go walkies; she will hide under the bed until she is sure its YOU in the shower! Safe to say, not a water dog
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Caspar, my first basenji used to scoop water up and wash himself with it.
ingi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Merlin is a water dog, he will go into any water he can find and will also practically swim underwater if he is looking for his toy, it's a sight to see.

Nanuq spills water everywhere when drinking and gets it all over his face then goes and lies down with Merlin who then licks the water of his face...beats having to get up and go and get your own water.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 08:04 AM
daphni likes water, but only if the weather seems to be nice too, she oftens dives into the resavoir near us for a little paddle. mylo my nanas dog is the funniest, he will look into the water bowl and then dig... yes dig no idea why he does it but he digs till there is nothing left, then tries to lick the water up off the carpet
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Cassie can not drink out of a bowl very well, she get more water on the floor then in her mouth!

Ela likes to play with the water bowl. I get home sometimes and my dinning room looks like a swap! She paws at the water then picks the bowl up and runs round with it in her mouth. Once i cam home and the water bowl was in her bed of all places.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 08:39 AM
one of mine for some reason laps water out of the bowl from the far side of it, never puts her head in the middle of the bowl or the side nearest to her, she will stretch herself over the bowl and lap it up from there, she will also stand with her paws in an empty bowl just to let me know it is empty, lol one of my others bangs the bowl with his paw if there is no water.

Mo
Rookie
New Member!
Female 

24-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Jed hates going into water and thinks that all objects do as well so if he see's things (even ice) in a paddling pool, river, pond, bowl etc he spends ages taking them out whilst making sure that he does not fall in or get his feet wet!

Rookie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >