View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Not the best at critiques but will give it a go!

What a pretty baby, lovely low set ears on a very pretty head, lovely gentle expression. Good stop for age!

A balanced bitch - love her colouring - coat in super condition. Correct tailset, from the picture appears to have well sprung ribs and good depth of chest with a level topline.

She is a very pretty girl indeed!
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 10:34 PM
aw thankyou what lovely comments you've all made! I'll pass them all on to my mum too as she's a very timid handler, it will give her a real boost for her next show! Thankyou again to everyone for taking time to post
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Is it your mum in the photo`s ? If it is, please do tell her she`s Showing Dotty off beautifully, nothing to not be confident about there in my humble opinion
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Do you have pics of her moving? I see that the standard is quite specific regarding the way the tail is carried, as I have never seen an undocked one before I would be interested to see this. Apart from coat, the standard calls for something very similar to a Dalmatian as regards the tail.
She is a real eye catcher, nonetheless!
Welcome to the world of colour prejudice - we have some judges who won't put livers up even though they are about 35% of show entries, on average ..... in the UK anyway. Deccy is the only ROI resident one in the ring at the moment in ROI and he is overlooked too often, IMO.
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I'll do my best deccy, our camera isn't the best but you never know might be able to get one that isn't too blurred. Her tail gets a lot of compliments, makes us very proud lol, a well known exhibitor came up to us at the show before last and said if we absolutely have to have cockers with tails, that is how they should look (me n mum were beaming at this point!)
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 08:00 AM
She is so pretty and looks so gentle. I could cuddle her all day

Heidi
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Beautiful bitch, very taken with her. Pretty head, lovely expression, overall a well balanced animal. Correct topline, looks to have the desired fall away at the croop and a good tailset, obviously cannot see tail carriage, but from what I have seen in undocked cockers, they appear to be mostly of the carriage that is asked for. Like her angulation, perhaps a bit tall? however could be the "teenage" stage. Lovely girl!
Dawn.
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2008, 07:22 PM
thankyou Fliggle she's a real cuddle monster for sure when she's not up to mischief!

Patch yep the second photo is my mum she'll be really chuffed with your praise

Thanks borderdawn, another lovely critique I really appreciate it so thankyou for taking the time to do it for us. I don't think she's too tall but haven't measured her myself, she's the same as the others in her class but I think the lack of skirt makes her look leggy at the moment, will have to get that tape measure out lol
Colley1275
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi there,

I think she is beautiful too.

She has a very nice head, and her ear set is spot on and like Border dawn has mentioned her stop is very good - her head looks very balanced, I do believe (though feel free to correct me) that the length of the muzzle from stop to nose is supposed to be the same length as the head from occiput to stop, and in this respect your little girl's head is true to type, which results in her head looking very well balanced.

Out of interest does she have Lynwater in her breeding? I looked quite closely into Cockers before I decided upon getting another BC to show and was very intersted in the orange roans.

My friend has an orange roan and she is a mixture of the Lynwater and Bitcon lines. She is a sweetie too.

Her coat is in very nice condition and as she is still young will be developing all the time, but it looks nice and flat without any tendency to curl

Good luck with her. How has she done so far at the shows?

Bye for now
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2