View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm so pleased that Mikey has found his new home. I can't wait to hear how he gets on with his new girlfriends.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by ruthshaw9 View Post
I'm so pleased that Mikey has found his new home. I can't wait to hear how he gets on with his new girlfriends.
am sure at least 1 of them probably Sasi will show him who is boss I'll fill you all in as much as I can & considering I'm on Dogsey everyday & can access it from my phone..then that will be alot
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:20 PM
I have all fingers and paws crossed that this works out!

Good luck
xxx
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
am sure at least 1 of them probably Sasi will show him who is boss I'll fill you all in as much as I can & considering I'm on Dogsey everyday & can access it from my phone..then that will be alot
Yay!! Glad to hear it ...xx
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I have all fingers and paws crossed that this works out!

Good luck
xxx
Me too Tassle. Thankyou xx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Hey guys, well I cant tellyou how excited I am that this IS actually going to happen, more for Mikey than anything else!
Krylr, I too had though tabout if it didnt work out with Mikey, but then I took on a 4yr old dog aggressive northern Inuit a couple of years ago, then got Ruby who was 5 weeks old at the time. It took around 4 months to get my NI to the point of accepting Ruby.We used rewards, praise, babygates, crates, muzzles,anything we could think of to make it work! It was dam hard work,but it paid off as in the end they became firm friends

Ruby is simply a placid docile dog, hasn't an aggressive bone in her body, poor blighter has scabs on her legs where sasi has been chewing when they play fight & still Ruby lets her do it more....

I'm by no means a miracle worker & will never pretend to be, but I do have patience and
I will give these 3 dogs the best of my time & ability to get along together.Mikey so deserves it!

As we arent meeting until late on on Saturday night my plan is to sleep in the front living room with Mikey, he will then get the smell of Ruby & Sasi but not actually meet them. I'll keep them separated until Sunday morning where I can take Mikey on the field & the OH can bring Ruby along a few minutes later. I think its best they meet on neutral ground.
I already have babygates & am picking up a huge crate from a friend tomorrow as thats what Mikey is used to.

I hope I've managed to explain a bit of what is going through my head. I really want Mikey to be my forever boyo & will try my best to make sure he is.

Thankyou all so much for your help & the concerns, & if you think I may forget something or missed something out, please don't hesitate to mention it or ask me questions

Bev x
I wish you, your family and Mikey a very happy future together. It does sound as they you are being sensible and doing everything right to help all your dogs settle together. I look forward to seeing lots of pics of your new trio!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
Yay!! Glad to hear it ...xx
Like I would dare not fill you in on how hes doin
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
I wish you, your family and Mikey a very happy future together. It does sound as they you are being sensible and doing everything right to help all your dogs settle together. I look forward to seeing lots of pics of your new trio!
Thankyou lots Tilly,I do hope they all get on..I can't say it enough if ANYONE has anything to add that they think will help them settle...please do!

Bev xx
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:28 PM
As long as mikey has a nice comfy couch to lye on in the evenings I don't think he'll even notice a difference xx
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
As long as mikey has a nice comfy couch to lye on in the evenings I don't think he'll even notice a difference xx
Lmao have u seen the pic of me with Ruby & Sasi, there is defo room for one more
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »