Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2010, 08:48 PM

Wobbly

Yesterday we went to a show. As i was an agricultural show we had a marque for wet weather. Fortunately although it threatened to rain it held of but it was quite warm and muggy.

We had to be there early as whippets were secomd in the ring. We set up the crates in the marque as it was trying to rain and we were told if it did we would be showing in them.

Owen was in the veteran class later in the day. When I came to get him ready for his class he didn't seem himself he was a little wobbly on his back legs. I thought he was most likely be a bit hot so we took him outside and coold him down. Before he went into his class he seemed himself again and was playing with Willow quite happily.

In the ring he didn't seem himself not ill but he didn't show like he usually does something just didn't seem right with him. I wihdrew him from his other class.

Today he seem better. I do have 2 bitches in season and he has lost a little weight. He doesn't normally bother about the bitches.

Now the last time we went to a show he had a bit of a fight with his son Simba. Not much really more of a squabble. Now without thinking about it I put Owen's crate next to Simba's at the show. I wondered if maybe Simba could have been intimerdating his dad. Owen is not the sort of dog who would take food off strangers.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have checked his back and that seems fine if he is no better in a few days I'll take him to the vets I just wandered what you all thought. He didn't seem ill he was playing before he went into the ring he seemed more unsure of himself.