Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 07:45 AM

Want To Or Struggling To Stop Smoking!

It can be done and easily.
I have spent years trying to give up and have tried every nicotine replacement going under the stop smoking clinics in fact in desperation they even combined two replacement things but I always failed miserably and often only managed 2- 4 hours without a ciggarette. I have no will power whatsoever.
Every older member of my family has died of heart disease and my father has emphasema (sp) but still this didn't scare me into giving up. My breathing was bad and wheezy and I was getting chest pains but still i couldn't stop.
I had been told I had a true nicotine addiction as I couldn't function in the morning till I had my first ciggie and would get out of bed and straight down and out the back door in my dressing gown whatever the weather to get my fix.
Then I heard about this book written by Allan Carr (not the comedien) called The Easy Way to stop smoking.
To cut a long story short I read it and now havn't smoked for 2 weeks and have no desire to smoke again.
It works on your mind and you realise it is nothing to do with nicotine withdrawl just your mind, and how you must never think you are giving up smoking as humans immeadietly crave something if they think they have to give something up.
He also says never use nicotine replacements as that just prolongs the suffering. If you do it his way he says within 3 weeks even the hardest nut to crack will not really be thinking of having one anymore. I have to say within 2 weeks I don't think about them hardly at all maybe once a day and even then I don't want one.
He also does seminars if you struggle with the book and he is so confident his method works you get a full money back garruntee if he fails to stop you.
It really has worked for me an been very easy to do. You may say its only been two weeks but I don't crave and don't want a ciggie at all and thinking the way i do now I know I never will.
Honestly if you want to stop this really is a quick easy way to do it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Well done Bev. I have no idea what it is like to try to give up smoking but Gorden did many years ago because I was pregnant with Mark. Didn't have nicotine replacement thingies then it was all will power.

He started by stopping in the house and around me only smoked when out on his milk round when Mark was born he went the whole hog and gave up altogether. He left one cigarette in the box because he said he was to tight to replace it. It is still in its box somewhere in another big mementos box in the loft.

The book sounds excellent.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 08:19 AM
He`s right. I stopped after smoking for 20 years - never had one since (25 years ago). One of my boys started smoking and I was horrified and decided to stop.
I just told my self I didn`t smoke. I wasn`t a smoker. The feelings of being slightly unwell were down to a touch of `flu. Which would pass. It worked.
After 2 weeks I couldn`t stand the smell of smokers - I hadn`t realised before how bad I must have smelled.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Well done you! Must be a releif to not be a smoker now
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Blimey! The book sounds amazing! I've never smoked so can only imagine what it's like, but it's amazing to hear he's helped you stop after everything else failed.
I am in no way joking when I ask this - can he do the same with chocolate? I am the same with that in that when I try and give it up, I crave it more...are there any tips he gives which are transferable?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Well done Bev. As an ex-smoker myself, I'm delighted for you

x0x
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Might have a look at that MM,I have no willpower either Thanks for that and well done you
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks everyone, I still can't believe how easy its been and how already I can get up and drift through the day not thinking of ciggarettes and if I do its only to think this is great I don't need them anymore.
I need to do it with food now as I am a terrible binge eater and terribly overweight.
I don't know if he does a book for it but I suppose its on the same principal.
Never say you are giving up a food as that will make you want it more, Always think of it as just stopping something for now. Remember its just a little monster in your head making you want something not anything you are actually addicted to and when you see people stuffing thier face feel sorry for them and think how good it feels to be healthy.
There is obviously more too it as the book I have realised changes your thinking and literally brain washes you into thinking you don't need ciggies where you had been brainwashed into thinking you did need them till that point.
As I read the book I was actually quite dissapointed as it seemed a bit childish and he kept just repeating the same old thing. But it really does work and honestly if I can give up anyone can.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 04:50 PM
My brother packed up using that book, i haven't seen it but i haven't had a fag since last Friday. I wasn't a heavy smoker anyway, 5 a day tops. I know its bad but i did enjoy it though. I am going to a Halloween party on Saturday and i know if i have a few drinks i will have a fag, they go together - its a habit.

Another friend of mine managed to pack up using one of those electronic cigarettes, shes been packed up nearly a year now, perhaps i should invest in one.

I know what you mean about putting on weight though, i'm sure i've put some on just this week, i compensate not smoking with eating, although i am not overweight i don't particularly want to put any more on. Oh well longer walks with the dogs maybe ...

And Madmare sorry i should have said congratulations to you for packing up the evil weed
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Well done you! and thanks for the info. Have tried everything over the years apart from the 'plastic cigaretts', will definately find his book
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >