View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 07:22 PM

Pulling on Lead (walks nicely with one person, pulls with two - why?)

There's me telling oh Harvey is brilliant on the lead, and he just trots alongside me. We walked down the town together this evening and he made me look stupid, he pulled all the way down there.... the only difference is that my oh was with us, as normally it's the two of us!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 08:07 PM
He pulled and showed you up because the circumstances were different. If your OH hadn't been there he probably would have been ok. Were you walking in an area that Harvey is not really familiar with? You often find that dogs in a strange neighbourhood mess about on lead, the smells and sights are different to the smells and sights that they are used to. And anyway, dogs ALWAYS show you up when you could most do without it!!!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 08:43 PM
he was telling his dad that he can go as fast as his motorbike .......lol

on a serous note it could well be that OH was with you and the walk was different
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz
He pulled and showed you up because the circumstances were different. If your OH hadn't been there he probably would have been ok. Were you walking in an area that Harvey is not really familiar with? You often find that dogs in a strange neighbourhood mess about on lead, the smells and sights are different to the smells and sights that they are used to. And anyway, dogs ALWAYS show you up when you could most do without it!!!!
Quite agree, Barney never pulled on his regular local walks, but if we went on holiday or out for the day, he would pull on his lead because he was so excited with the different smells and sights around him.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks for that .... and Inca's wicked SOH..

It was a new walk, so unfamiliar territory.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Poppy walks nicely for me, but pulls OH down the road and jumps all over the place. Now he won't take her out. She walks nicely for my mum too. I think she just knows she can play her dad up!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Cassie's always been better on the lead with me and off the lead with the OH. She walks much better between us, no matter who has the lead
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 08:47 PM
one of my pups would only walk nicely for a while if my son was with us if my son stood at his head and held his collar!!!!! Dog wanted to know where he was!!!!
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Yer thats like my spencer i told my OH and daughter spencer walks really well Lesley said let me take him for a walk so she did just down the road when she came back she said he kept pulling but for me i think he walks quite well.so yes they do show you up as well.