Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

Good luck and healing vibes to youboth. Poppy will be absolutely fine. I had Ellie spayed a couple of weeks ago and within 24 hours you'd never have known she been to the vets (other than her baldy belly and stitches).

Laura xx
I know, but you still worry don't you. How the hell do I keep her from jumping all over Ben and vis versa
Elaine xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by pupsandpets View Post
I'm with you - I booked my little un and she actually there now and I can't wait to pick her up at 2.30.
But it took a battle of wills to take her - I'm glad it's done now so I don't have to keep worrying about it.

Best of luck with yours x
Awww cant wait to see how she is. yea it's one less thing to worry about isn't it?
Elaine xxx
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Awww cant wait to see how she is. yea it's one less thing to worry about isn't it?
Elaine xxx
I better not tell you - it might put you off!

No, I'm sure she'll be fine and I'm probably fretting, but I thought she'd sleep of the anestitic (like my other 2 did) but instead all she's done is cry none stop for the nearly 3 hours she's been home.
I've phoned the vet but they've said not to worry but it's so awful. Poor thing I feel I need to do something!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by pupsandpets View Post
I better not tell you - it might put you off!

No, I'm sure she'll be fine and I'm probably fretting, but I thought she'd sleep of the anestitic (like my other 2 did) but instead all she's done is cry none stop for the nearly 3 hours she's been home.
I've phoned the vet but they've said not to worry but it's so awful. Poor thing I feel I need to do something!
Just been catching up on your thread on this. Glad she is ok now though
Elaine xx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Kismet was awful after the op... turned out to be an objection tot he dressing though.. I felt just terrible... But it's all over now and Kismet is back to her usual naughty self.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Kismet was awful after the op... turned out to be an objection tot he dressing though.. I felt just terrible... But it's all over now and Kismet is back to her usual naughty self.

Thats great am getting a bit nervous now, only 3 days to go .
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Oh dear,
The nerves are setting in now
Just a few questions for those of you who have gone through this.

Will she be able to walk out of the surgery or will I have to carry her?

I was thinking, as Chris will be at work, of getting a black cab to bring her home in, as the step is low. SIL has offered but she has a big people carrier and its quite high.

Am I being too soft here

Elaine xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:00 PM
It's getting near then Elaine What you've got to think about is, she cannot jump up into the car. We used to back the estate car up to the top step of our old surgery, so that she kind of walked straight into the back of the car. Inside the car I had a quilt for her to lie on, so when we got home, both Dave and I just carried her indoors on the duvet! That's the most important bit you've got to worry about, because the last one I had done, Cassie, she jumped into the side of the car the next day (when I didn't want her to, but the door was open!) and she ended up getting a big pocket of blood underneath the stitches so I had to rush her back to the vets for him to deal with without aneasthetic and I could hear the poor girl screaming from the waiting room!!! Be very, very careful that she just WALKS and doesn't jump up or down anything!!! I'll be here for you when the day comes.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Mine have all walked out of the surgery and hopped up into my estate car no problem.
If your worried I am sure one of the nurses will come and help you get her in gently.
Good luck to you both, try not to worry (easy to say I know) but the majority come home are a bit sleepy that evening and then back to normal the next day. That leaves you wishing they still felt a little poorly so they would rest
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It's getting near then Elaine What you've got to think about is, she cannot jump up into the car. We used to back the estate car up to the top step of our old surgery, so that she kind of walked straight into the back of the car. Inside the car I had a quilt for her to lie on, so when we got home, both Dave and I just carried her indoors on the duvet! That's the most important bit you've got to worry about, because the last one I had done, Cassie, she jumped into the side of the car the next day (when I didn't want her to, but the door was open!) and she ended up getting a big pocket of blood underneath the stitches so I had to rush her back to the vets for him to deal with without aneasthetic and I could hear the poor girl screaming from the waiting room!!! Be very, very careful that she just WALKS and doesn't jump up or down anything!!! I'll be here for you when the day comes.

Oh dear!! I was right with my instincts then, will be extra careful with this wee one then. I think the black cab is the best option then. thanks mate. I am going to need you all here for me on Wed when I get home. It's going to be a long long day. I have never ever left her before and just the thought of walking out of that surgery without her is killing me. What will she think of me She will be so scared being left there without me.
Elaine xxx
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »