Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
stoopid teenagers going euw!!!!!!
And self-righteous mums glaring at you
and helpful passers by refusing to believe that your dog just had a widdle. Look mate, bitches squat, right? It`s not my fault you need new glasses......
so true - don't think a scooper could help with all that though...
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:07 AM
I don't think a simple plastic bag can be improved on. Straight over your hand pick it up, turn it inside out and tie it off - quite simple. I have never used a pooper scooper either in my own garden or when out. I don't want to carry any more stuff than I already do and buy the sandwich bags on a roll (cheap as possible) or take a few extra freebie fruit and veg. bags from the supermarkets. I don't care what colour they are or whether I can see through them or not. Biodegradable is good.
Cleaning up after your dog isn't particularly pleasant, but I am not squeemish about it - I've cleaned up worse and like with your kids, your own dog's mess is not as bad as someone elses .
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:16 AM
I hate it when it gets all over my fingers. Standard nappy bags, poo bags are not big enough for Buster. So I have to use plastic carry bags sometimes but a friend of mine has started giving me biodegradable bags that are bigger than a nappy bag but smaller than a carry bag, which are perfect for picking up Busters mountains of poo!!!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:23 AM
when it's dark, hard to see where they've gone and when you do you don't quite get the bag right and end up putting your finger in it...... that was me this morning yuk!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:24 AM
I have a pedigree type scoop mentioned earlier (for those days when there's an attack of the slightly squelchies). Does what I want - doesn't take up much space in a bag or pocket and locks down fairly flat.

As for what I hate - someone tutting and huffing and puffing and muttering about picking it up behind me - when the dog's still mid poo. I don't go rummaging for plastic bags before he's finished because the daft git hears the rustling, thinks "oooh treats" and gets distracted from the objective in hand.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am a graduate student pursing my masters in design, and working on an interesting project. I am in the process of designing a popper scooper that would replace the commonly used plastic bag. My solution is a portable, disposable and discrete popper scooper that would eliminate the disgusting feeling of having to pick up dog waste with a plastic bag. As a dog owner myself, I hate the warm, soft feeling of picking up after my dog with a thin plastic bag. As fellow dog owners, I wanted to know what you most dislike about using the bag to pick up waste? Is it the temperature? The fear or ripping? The awkwardness of having to carry a full bag with you until you find a trash can?

I truly appreciate your feedback, as it's very helpful to get an alternative popper scooper into the marketplace.

So, what do you hate about using a plastic bag to pick up your dogs waste?

Thank you!
Personalty , I would think of something else to design........most people use plastic bags...... they are easy to carry in your pocket (more than one at a time) many dogs do more than one poo when out and about, so anything more bulky than a plastic bag to slip onto jeans pockets , will be a waste of time and people will not use them.

Also , will you be able to compete with a pack of disposable bags of I think 20 for 99p or the like.

As dogs do a lot of poo, we tent to buy or reuse those bags we get from the supermarket.... its cost effective and I can tell you if 1) your cost is more than the above 2) you cant slip 6 or more into your pockets....you are wasting your time
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:38 AM
I like the plastic bags too, but hate when I forget to take them out my pocket lol
I hate when other people don't pick up, or when they throw the bags up into trees !! what is that about ?...
I have 3 big dogs I don't think a disposable poop scoop would cope with the weight till we find a bin lol
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:43 AM
I use plastic freezer bags and then pop them into a big plastic bag when I'm out if there aren't any bins around. I wouldn't use a poop scoop when out as bags are easier to carry. I use a lot of them having 6 dogs to walk!!
I don't mind picking their poo up...it doesn't bother me at all. I guess the nursing gave me a strong stomach!!
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Another thing I dislike is bending over to pick it up at the very moment Mags decides to 'bury it' an I end up with a faceful of dust and leaves.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:54 AM
There is nothing I dislike about picking up my dog's poo .
It has to be done and there are worse things in life .
Just use bags wouldn't use any sort of pooper scooper .
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »