Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2016, 12:09 PM

Zak

We said goodbye to Zak yesterday I stayed with the three little ones while my son and DIL went together to hold him and each other while he went to sleep for the last time.

It was difficult for the three children all under the age of six who had grown up with ZaK to fully understand what had happened to him but we explained when we are poorly we get better but Zak was broken inside and the vet couldn't mend him.

He was only 8 and had been ill with liver disease for two years. The vet only gave him months to live when he was diagnosed but thanks to the tender care and considerable expense lavished on him by my DIL he survived much longer.

I used to 'puppy sit' him when my DIL worked so he was like one of my own and he will he join the long list of doggy companions loved and lost over a lifetime...

Life moves along, soon there will be a new family puppy . He will not replace Zak no loved dog can ever be replaced, but he will fill the space in the family that Zak leaves and the children will have a new little friend .
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2016, 12:33 PM
So very difficult at the best of times, but when there are young children involved it's unbearable.

Run free Zak and watch over your family's choice for their new friend who I am sure they will love as much as they love you xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Sorry to read that. He looks such a delightful little fella. May he rest and have fun at the bridge awaiting his humans to join him.
Annestaff
Supervisor

09-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Sleep tight Zak x
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2016, 01:26 PM
So sorry Meg. It's extra hard when it has been such a short life, and you have pulled out all the stops to try and give him every chance. Run free Zac.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2016, 03:10 PM
So sorry to read this Meg. Run free Zak.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Aww sorry to hear about Zak. Your DIL did a great job keeping him going for that long.

Sleep tight Zak.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2016, 03:36 PM
How sad for you all and so sorry Zak had to cross over the Bridge early, like you say it is due to your DIL's care that he outlived the predictions. Run Free Zak
Meg
Supervisor

09-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Thank you for the kind words eveyone
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Run free at Rainbow Bridge Zak
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >