Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Awful here
Lizzie was late coming back from college and Sal starts to go into panic mode

Checked the live traffic updates and a tree had fallen on the main road which resulted in the road been closed and the traffic was really heavy in both directions so her coach had to be diverted,thankfully she is home now looking like a drowned rat!

The Severn bridge is also closed,really really wild out,
Hope your all safe x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Blimey Sal, it must be bad to close the Seven bridge At least you're all safely indoors now.

It's very windy here still, and I'm worried about Dave driving home, he's got a 70 mile journey I do hope he gets home before it hits us and hits us hard by the sounds of it. Stay safe everyone.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Blimey Sal, it must be bad to close the Seven bridge At least you're all safely indoors now.

It's very windy here still, and I'm worried about Dave driving home, he's got a 70 mile journey I do hope he gets home before it hits us and hits us hard by the sounds of it. Stay safe everyone.
The wind is awful and it's absolutely pouring with rain,apparently the worst of it should be over by around 8pm,I hope so because I don't fancy been kept up half the night listening to the rain hitting the windows and the wind howling.

I hope Dave has a safe journey home x
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 06:27 PM
I spent 20 minutes out in a field today doing some desensitisation work with a dog and a stuffed toy. Not much fun! I also get the joys of going down to check the kennels and buildings later to make sure they are all still standing and have rooves. Hopefully it will have calmed down by then.

Still it could be worse I could have had to drive home. Hope all that do get home safe and sound.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 06:30 PM
My husband's over the moon - second time a bush I've been on at him to hack back and get rid of has been uprooted by the wind this year!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Best place to be when the weather is like it is for you, anyone on a known flood plain is in danger, I hope all Dogsey members don't get flooded. It would help if new housing developments were NOT built on flood plains but sadly many have been, crazy isn't it
Hear hear. When will they ever learn They are still doing it.

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Do you have the wind we have in exeter?! oh my good good it's awful.
We have had it here in Herefordshire, really horrible

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
It's scary here , really dark and lashing down with rain. I have just been out to secure the bins before they blow away in the high wind .
For once we have the same weather on opposite sides of the hill

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
They have just said on the news there could be a tidal surge along the somerset coast. Stay safe anyone in that area.
I second that.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I hope it hasn't got any worse for any of you, but I have to say, we're basking in glorious sunshine here in the south east have been all day, the washing is drying a treat on the line, but the wind is howling through the woods over the road, I cannot believe the noise of it
Batten down those hatches then
It's hard to imagine glorious sunshine at the moment!!! I do hope that Dave turns up save and sound so that you can relax.

The river which runs along the south side of Ledbury has once again burst it's banks and I am wondering how Hereford is faring.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hear hear. When will they ever learn They are still doing it.

We have had it here in Herefordshire, really horrible

For once we have the same weather on opposite sides of the hill

I second that.

It's hard to imagine glorious sunshine at the moment!!! I do hope that Dave turns up save and sound so that you can relax.

The river which runs along the south side of Ledbury has once again burst it's banks and I am wondering how Hereford is faring.
Your not that far away from us
It's vile here,parts of Gloucestershire are without power now too as well as flooding,lots of tree's down.

And we now have a leaking roof in the utility
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Your not that far away from us
It's vile here,parts of Gloucestershire are without power now too as well as flooding,lots of tree's down.

And we now have a leaking roof in the utility
Do you have power still? I remember a few years ago Glos had it really badly when the power station was flooded.

Would you like some extra buckets for the utility room? I could send some over!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Do you have power still? I remember a few years ago Glos had it really badly when the power station was flooded.

Would you like some extra buckets for the utility room? I could send some over!
Yes we still have power at the moment,I best go and dig some candles out just in case
Gloucs had it bad in the summer of 2007 when parts flooded,

Buckets I have loads of Always had issues with this flaming roof,but when it's really wild like this it gets under the lead flashing and leaks in
At least it's not in the main part of the house
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Its getting windy here now but no rain yet. I'd better get the dogs out for a wee soon as they won't go out once the rain starts.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >