Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 07:47 AM

Warning

Please don't open or click on any link if you get an email because I have just had one this morning and it has given my computer a bad virus and said that someone has took control over my computer. So please be very careful what you open.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 07:56 AM
This is what the email said.

Hi, how are you,
You know I have my own website now?
Can you just click on it to see if it works and then it gave the link and asked me to install a codec I needed (which was probably the damn virus - how stupid and thick am I ) and then it said - can you see me there? Bye.

So if anyone else gets this PLEASE delete it straight away.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the warnng. I occasionally get e-mails from names I don't recognise with links attached. I usually delete them without even reading them. I hope you can get your computer fixed.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2006, 08:48 AM
I got one too- though i didn't click on the link as it looked a bit strange...should send a warning to the other people who were on the mailing list..i remember seeing me, laura and you on there foxy....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the warning,hope you get your problem sorted soon.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Thanks everyone

Well it looks that I might have got rid of it (touch wood) I won't be opening that sort of email ever again after this. My son said he would have known not to open it - its just me I'm thick Cos it was from someone I know I thought it was okay - seems it's not
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2006, 09:30 AM
I made the same mistake a few years back, got an e-mail from someone I know and clicked on the link and it crashed my comp. A guy that I worked with at an emergency hospital, we had internet at work and some of the nights there were long so occasionally we would go on line (werent really supposed to unless it was work related) anyway this guy got one of those 'kiss-a-gram' e-mails and opened it, the hospital used to order products on line and pay with a cc card, this virus got names, addresses, information, cc card numbers, not of the clients but of the companies we ordered from, information....addresses and cc numbers of one of the vets, the assitant manager and myself as we were the ones that ordered things on there and as we were an out of hours clinic we would have the supplies sent to either of our home addresses....very scary.

I dont know what virus scan you use but I have been using AVG (free on line virus scan with regular updates), Ive had a few viruses in but it always catches them before they can do any damage.
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Never open anything sent from an address that you don't know Foxy They are often virus or trojan ridden *hug* Hope your PC gets better soon
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Luke
I got one too- though i didn't click on the link as it looked a bit strange...should send a warning to the other people who were on the mailing list..i remember seeing me, laura and you on there foxy....
Is Laura K. on there cuz I have her email address someplace or I know one of the NI folk will do...I would like someone to try and get a hold of her before she opens it...Can you let me know if it is Laura K.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Is Laura K. on there cuz I have her email address someplace or I know one of the NI folk will do...I would like someone to try and get a hold of her before she opens it...Can you let me know if it is Laura K.

No he means Laura my daughter Mys - Lozzy on here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >