Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2009, 04:09 PM

Any Mac users out there?????

If you are a regular Mac user, how do you avoid the attack of the Spinning Beachball of Death? I seem to be seeing it all too often, particularly when trying to post pictures from Photobucket. It seems to be that the only way to banish it temporarily is to "Force Quit" Firefox and then start all over again, in the hope that the job can be done before the beachball comes back!

Snorri
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi Snorri we are regular mac users, I am useless with the technology so have asked Gorden about the beach ball for you. He says you won't get rid of it, it is telling you the job is taking too long so options are speeding up the computer if it was a pc he could tell you how to or this, or the pictures you are uploading are quite big and that is why it is taking so long. Hope that is of some help.
janitor
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Does safari do the same.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
Does safari do the same.

I don't know - whilst I have Safari, I don't use it. It isn't just when I'm online that the beachball appears, just "mostly".

Snorri