Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2007, 09:31 AM

Finty has Lumps what can they be?

yesterday Mum took Finty to the vets again. She had developed a golf ball sized lump on her face just under her jaw. Vet said it wasn't an abcess and gave her some Rymadil. She has been on Rymadil for her spay scar which became slightly infected. The lump appeared to reduce in size as and we gave her some Piriton as we thought it could be an allergic reaction. This morning Mum found the lump had spread down under her chin its huge. She is now off her food. Due to Vets later

Any ideas?

Mel x
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Been to vets her temp is high and he thinks it is from maybe having her teeth cleaned at the vets the other week. There was a bit of blood at the side of her mouth indicating may be a wound inside her mouth. The other vet yesterdat didn't look in her mouth

She had a shot of ABs so we will see what tomorrow brings now

Mel
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Poor finty i hope she feels better soon, i hate haveing poor sicky babies esp now so near christmas, hope she feels better soon.xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
Been to vets her temp is high and he thinks it is from maybe having her teeth cleaned at the vets the other week. There was a bit of blood at the side of her mouth indicating may be a wound inside her mouth. The other vet yesterdat didn't look in her mouth

She had a shot of ABs so we will see what tomorrow brings now

Mel
Hi Mel when did Flinty have her teeth cleaned , if it was some days ago I think it is unlikely to be due to that, any infection that got into the area at the time of cleaning would have become evident before now. Are her teeth ok, not decayed at all?

High temperature usually indicates infection doesn't it , could she have been bitten by something (a rat/cat) or has she had any sharp objects to chew on recently . Does the area feel hot? if so a little ice in a tea towel held against it may be soothing for her.The AB should make her feel better soon .