Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 08:53 AM

Dental fillings.

I think I have lost a bit of filling out of my tooth - its not hurting but it feels funny - a bit tingly. I have got a checkup booked for 12th June so I don't want to go yet because I am dreading to think what a filling will cost now my lovely dentist decided to go private because he thought it would help the patients (who does he think he is kidding - the only person benefiting is himself )

Anyway I think I remember the chemist selling something that could act as a temporary filling for a short while - has anybody on here ever used them?
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Meeeeeeeeee!! well not on me but in OH's gob he had a crown that came off over a bank holiday and we couldn't find an open dentist so I bought a ' home dentist kit ' from Boots and stuck it back on with the goo in the tube ( you can use it for fillings too ) and it worked It stayed on for aaaaaaaaaagges
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Murphy
Meeeeeeeeee!! well not on me but in OH's gob he had a crown that came off over a bank holiday and we couldn't find an open dentist so I bought a ' home dentist kit ' from Boots and stuck it back on with the goo in the tube ( you can use it for fillings too ) and it worked It stayed on for aaaaaaaaaagges

Oh thats sounds great - do you think it will work to fill the hole for a few weeks while my check up? I don't want to be charged for a filling and a checkup when I am already paying £13 a month for nothing so far.

Any idea how much these kits are?

Thanks
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Me used it too and it works on both crowns and fillings. I am a nervous wreck at the dentist so find this kit brill and gives me time to pluck up courage to go along and get it doen properly, so go for it. Prices are ridiculour at the dentist and I see more and more folk with huge gaps in their mouths now and rotting teeth no wonder as not every one can afford such high prices , what a world eh
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by petebren
Me used it too and it works on both crowns and fillings. I am a nervous wreck at the dentist so find this kit brill and gives me time to pluck up courage to go along and get it doen properly, so go for it. Prices are ridiculour at the dentist and I see more and more folk with huge gaps in their mouths now and rotting teeth no wonder as not every one can afford such high prices , what a world eh

Yes it makes me laugh how they are always going on about childrens teeth and how they should see a dentist - I have been at the same dentist for nearly 15 years now and my children have all been every 6 months or so (the two eldest haven't had any treatment yet) This new dentist took over 3 years ago when my other dentist retired and now decides to go private - I am so annoyed that I didn't change dentists when he took over because we can't get Nhs treatment anywhere in our area now. Its disgusting My dentist even said he wouldn't treat my children on the Nhs unless I signed up for the £13 a month deal with denplan that doesn't include any help towards treatment - blackmail or what
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Foxy I think the kit was about £12.99 and it had the mirror thing and the spikey thing too I know they sell the cementy stuff in a little pot for about £5 but its a teeny tiny pot , the kit had tubes of gunk that you mixed together -so it lasted ages .and of course the mirror and the spikey bit ( best bits lol )

I had OH tipped back on a chair with a piece of kitchen roll clipped to his chin and the hose pipe ready to irrigate his gob and the hoover ready to suck it all up ....Oooh I missed my way in life lol
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Foxy I think the kit was about £12.99 and it had the mirror thing and the spikey thing too I know they sell the cementy stuff in a little pot for about £5 but its a teeny tiny pot , the kit had tubes of gunk that you mixed together -so it lasted ages .and of course the mirror and the spikey bit ( best bits lol )

I had OH tipped back on a chair with a piece of kitchen roll clipped to his chin and the hose pipe ready to irrigate his gob and the hoover ready to suck it all up ....Oooh I missed my way in life lol

Oh thanks for that info Murphy I can just imagine your poor OH at your mercy Did you get any photos?
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Photo's !! ..I didn't have a free hand pmsl ..I was too busy stabbing him with the spikey thing
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Photo's !! ..I didn't have a free hand pmsl ..I was too busy stabbing him with the spikey thing

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi Foxy, make sure you've got a good mirror, like a magnified one, or maybe buy a dental mirror and get all your tools laid out before you start, I would hate this to go pearshaped and you end up cementing your gob closed!! Good luck though but most of all... be careful!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >