register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 84 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 77 > Last »
topbarks
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-06-2009, 01:12 PM
If I'm honest I should be used to it by now from other forums I'm on.
Been there done it bought the Tshirt so to speak.
Mention CM or thr dreaded D word and everyone has their oppinions.
Just thought I would share with how it looks to someone new looking in who may want to contribute to the OP.
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Just read some of these threads, not all as I would be here all night and I've got better things to do like enjoying the company of my dog. By looking at the poll, it seems that its around the 50/50 mark which suggests that most people who agree with Cesar's methods are reluctant to comment for fear of getting their wrists slapped. People on here are entitled to their opinion and we should all behave like adults but I have to say I am reading some nasty threads here. I will not get involved but will have my say. The no touch no talk no eye contact works for me when meeting strange dogs, also I agree with the fact that a dog needs to be led by human, not the other way around and they do need rules boundaries and limitations. I havent seen any evidence of cruelty on the programme but I don't like the use of choke collars etc and maybe he does seem a bit harsh sometimes. If it be deemed that the methods are cruel, then I would think that the tv programme would be banned from broadcasting. I have to say though that it is obvious for all to see that CM loves his dog daddy and daddy loves him. surely no one can argue with that
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
It was his opinion, just like yours CC, he said nothing wroing, you just didnt like it.

Anyhow, its time for me to eat humble pie, something I have no problem in doing when I feel its right to do it, now it is. I still agree with some of what CM says, like keeping calm, exercise, disipline etc.. but I have to admit to studying some of his videos very carefully, I do see unecessary abuse, albeit low level, and that many of the dogs exhibit fear and so submit, rather than learn anything.
Fair comment Dawn. I disagree with the strong word "abuse", even though you added "low level", and unfortunately we just don't see enough to know how much, or indeed how little, any one particular dog has learned.

I for one would love to see the clips that ended up on the cutting room floor, the outtakes, and revisits to past Clients to see how they are getting on - a bit like Kim and Aggie on "How Clean is Your House {how I love that programme, because I feel so smug after it! Even my tip isn't as bad as the featured houses!} - would be very interesting.
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:43 PM
O that body language is genuine allright or I must be watching a different programme
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Daddy is a wonderful ambassador for CM. And he is entire, unlike most if not all of CM's pack.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by macapaca View Post
Just read some of these threads, not all as I would be here all night and I've got better things to do like enjoying the company of my dog. By looking at the poll, it seems that its around the 50/50 mark which suggests that most people who agree with Cesar's methods are reluctant to comment for fear of getting their wrists slapped. People on here are entitled to their opinion and we should all behave like adults but I have to say I am reading some nasty threads here. I will not get involved but will have my say. The no touch no talk no eye contact works for me when meeting strange dogs, also I agree with the fact that a dog needs to be led by human, not the other way around and they do need rules boundaries and limitations. I havent seen any evidence of cruelty on the programme but I don't like the use of choke collars etc and maybe he does seem a bit harsh sometimes. If it be deemed that the methods are cruel, then I would think that the tv programme would be banned from broadcasting. I have to say though that it is obvious for all to see that CM loves his dog daddy and daddy loves him. surely no one can argue with that
I dont think the poll was about liking or not liking him, I think it was about weather people thought his methods had improved
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Daddy is a wonderful ambassador for CM. And he is entire, unlike most if not all of CM's pack.
Nope he's castrated now, has been for ages.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Nope he's castrated now, has been for ages.

Well, the last CM I watched Daddy had two stonking great testicles !! But then I guess we are behind in the episodes that get shown here?

I don't have the Sky you pay for, only the freebie channel !
Promethean
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-06-2009, 11:17 PM
I still agree with some of what CM says, like keeping calm, exercise, disipline etc.. but I have to admit to studying some of his videos very carefully, I do see unecessary abuse, albeit low level, and that many of the dogs exhibit fear and so submit, rather than learn anything.
Exercise, being calm, discipline... even if you don't have dogs this is good advice. But it's not groundbreaking, it is the same advice you get from any other trainer.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Somebody else posted this link on another site in a discussion of CM, http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MGPHL9D1N1.DTL I think it explains much of the reason for his success and touches on some other problems.

I think there is a great distrust of science and ''experts'' because too many of them have lied to support an agenda. I no longer even trust the National Geographic Magazine the way I used to. It is little surprise to me they are supporting somebody that ignores behavioral science.
Closed Thread
Page 27 of 84 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 77 > Last »