View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Talking of static electricity, I think because you can create it by rubbing a balloon on your jumper it gives the wrong impression that it is somehow an inferior electricity, the kindergarden version of the real stuff.

As people have said before a lightening strike is static electricity and everyone would admit that lightening is anything but 'only static'

I remember the Van De Graffe Generator in school and standing on the glass legged stool, I was terrified when anyone came near me to discharge me. I also remember the feeling of the electricty passing through a chain of 8 of us until the electricity earthed itself on the windowsill through the end of the chain's arm..........no he didnt cry out cause it tickled. I wonder if they still do this experiment in school?
Also to clear up something about Slendertone. I trained as a Beauty Therapist when I left school and we were trained to use these Passive Exercise Machines (professional versions of the home Slendertones) on clients. I will always remember when my partner turned up the dial to full while I had the pads on my abdominal muscles, without telling me. The full force of the electricity made my muscles contract so violently that I was bent in half, I can assure you that this also could never be described as a tickle.

So I would never class Static Electricity as 'only static'.

BTW Apologies for being OT to the original post
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I beg your pardon!! How dare you be so bloody damned rude and insulting. You do not know my husband, and frankly, I don't think he would care to know YOU.

What do you mean - "you really are a joke". Are you calling me a liar? You are a totally ignorant person in any case, because the type of electronics that my husband had to learn about is light years away from an ordinary electrician, not that there is anything wrong with electricians of course.
I'm assuming Lynn's refering to your comment that your husband was so well reknowned that Peter Green offered him a Job, what as an Electrician.
To be brutely honest I'm not sure why your still allowed on though we frowned as a forum on animal cruelty.
Oh and by the way....Its not a wolf cross its a CROSS BREED
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
er since when were huskies and malamutes wolf breeds or wolf crosses????????????????
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Well, sorry, then you will just have to resent away.

If I cut you with a sharp pair of scissors - never mind cutting off an appendage - but just cut you, do you not think that you would exclaim in pain?

With my puppies, it was not a question of holding down screaming puppies - they were only a few days old, could not see or walk properly yet - they had no idea what was in store for them, so there was no "holding down" - the vet's wife, who was his veterinary nurse, just picked each puppy up, pulled the skin down a bit, cut and then dipped the stump in what looked like iron filings.

Sorry - edited to add: yes, I am against dew claw removal unless there is a very good reason for it. All my dogs have their dew claws, including my daughter's chi, and not one has ever had a problem.
I personally have never heard of a vet that would dock a litter of pups at a "few" days old 24-36 hrs is the max. Yet again you never fail to amaze with your lack of knowledge.....if your vet docked at a few days old your vets a disgrace and so are you for considering it.....
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
If Oscars condition is unpredictable it has nothing to do with working him does it? In the same way that it doesn't with any other dog with a tail. No difference between hunting and decent runs.

As labs get it a lot would you suggest they are docked?

Lets try and get it right---It is NOT the KC who are banning docked dogs from showing, it is the LAW. It has been discussed before and pointed out to you but you persist in calling it a 'rule'!

rune
Not so sure about that, its a " rule " set down by the powers that be , that docked dogs (after the ban ) cant be shown where fee paying go, would be interested to see where it is "law"!

Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Obviously they do it different in the US I've had two docked litters and mum was with pups both times. Also the pups slept throught the procedure.
And most are done at home, with the vet coming to you!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Oh goodness----look at the LAW regarding docked dogs!

Showing of Docked Dogs

A dog docked before the 28 March 2007 in Wales and 6 April 2007 in England may continue to be shown at all shows in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland throughout its natural life.

A dog docked on, or after, the above dates, irrespective of where it was docked, may not be shown at shows in England and Wales where the public is charged a fee for admission.
However, where a working dog has been docked in England and Wales under the respective regulations set out above, it may be shown where the public are charged a fee, so long as it is shown “only to demonstrate its working ability”. It will thus be necessary to show working dogs in such a way as ONLY to demonstrate their working ability and not conformity to a standard.

A dog legally docked in England, Wales, Northern Ireland or abroad may be shown at any show in Scotland or Northern Ireland.

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

14-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh goodness----look at the LAW regarding docked dogs!

Showing of Docked Dogs

A dog docked before the 28 March 2007 in Wales and 6 April 2007 in England may continue to be shown at all shows in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland throughout its natural life.

A dog docked on, or after, the above dates, irrespective of where it was docked, may not be shown at shows in England and Wales where the public is charged a fee for admission.
However, where a working dog has been docked in England and Wales under the respective regulations set out above, it may be shown where the public are charged a fee, so long as it is shown “only to demonstrate its working ability”. It will thus be necessary to show working dogs in such a way as ONLY to demonstrate their working ability and not conformity to a standard.

A dog legally docked in England, Wales, Northern Ireland or abroad may be shown at any show in Scotland or Northern Ireland.

rune
You didn`t pick that up from Wikipedia did you
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I personally have never heard of a vet that would dock a litter of pups at a "few" days old 24-36 hrs is the max. Yet again you never fail to amaze with your lack of knowledge.....if your vet docked at a few days old your vets a disgrace and so are you for considering it.....

Of for goodness sake!! This is over 30 years ago - I cannot remember the minutia - all I remember is that the puppies were blind and helpless, and they made a dreadful noise. Maybe they were 36 hours old, I really don't know. All I know is they were very very young.

Does it really matter now? All those poor mutilated dogs will be long dead and buried. Just any bloody excuse to have a go at me, not that I care, but it is just so chronically BORING
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Wow as usual this thread has gone nasty and personal

Personaly I am sickend by people saying Gnasher should be made to leave the forum or she dosent have the right to find docking cruel

Yes she used one training method that I dont agree with, but who is to say that just because her method of cruelty is unnaceptable on this forum so she should leave but because more people find it OK to chop bits of puppies just because they think it looks better - that oppinion is OK
Either everyone pro docking (for no good reason) and the removal of dew claws, and everyone who uses prog collars, choke chains and rattle bottles/training disks should be asked to leave the forum - or noone should

36 hours IS days from my last count so for Gnasher to say the puppies were days old is perfectly within this timescale - and that is just being petty

Gnasher clearly cares for her dogs, yes IMO she is wrong about some points - but agressivly yelling at every post she makes and telling her she dosent have the right to an oppinion is not going to help her learn different/better ways (if that is what people want)

She/I/anyone else is totaly entitled to believe that docking and dew claw removal is barbaric

Wolves/other animals in the wild dont need it doing so IF it is needed (and in most cases it isnt imo) then it is because of our BAD breeding and it is our job to fix the problem by breeding so dogs do not need vet attention to live a live without pain
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
You didn`t pick that up from Wikipedia did you
No---from the council of docked dogs site---but it is the legislation---look it up!

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

14-03-2011, 05:08 PM
No---from the council of docked dogs site---but it is the legislation---look it up!

rune
Do you mean "The council for docked breeds" website?

Was just wondering thats all , as some of the information you quoted was a little inaccurate,

However, where a working dog has been docked in England and Wales under the respective regulations set out above, it may be shown where the public are charged a fee, so long as it is shown “only to demonstrate its working ability”.
From what I understand , even those dogs that have been legally docked after 07, cant compete at public fee paying shows, (game keepers classes) , as thats what the whole "docked and denied" campaign is all about.

I may be wrong though, will have to check?
Page 14 of 16 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 >