Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2009, 07:24 PM

My Dad

Just to let you all know in case you was wondering, I haven't been online much due to one thing or another.
But the main reason in between, working, running the house etc is my dads health.

My dad has recently been in and out of hospital and the doctors have confirmed his cancer is back and has spread, so at the moment i am trying to support my parents in which any way i can, hence part of the reason for my absence.

At the moment we don't know the full picture, just he has to have a full body scan and go back on the 18th for the results and discuss possible treatments if any.

But i just wanted you all to know, i haven't forgot about you all, and will try and make more of an effort to get on if or when i can.

Hope lifes treating you well.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh, Marie, I'm so sorry hon.......

Big hugs and lots of love to you at this very difficult time x0x0x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Oh Marie, I can understand why you haven't been around so much. Your family must obviously come first.
I hope your Dad gets some good news soon.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks for your support.

It is hard some times but i have to try and stay strong for them, dad is now in a wheel chair because he is losing the stablity in his legs and struggles to walk any kind of distance to be honest.

We are just trying to make the most of it at the mo, and trying to keep them positive, although i am not expecting it to be good news on the 18th.

My mum is struggling to cope and is in partial denial although the doctors have made it clear it has spread, due to results of the tests.

I have my good days, where you go in to auto pilot and just get on with every thing, but then have my bad if i think about everything so far.

At the mo depending on the scan results we have been told more radiotheraphy if it is still local, or chemo if my dad is strong enough to cope with the side effects.

But thank you knowing i can open up behind close doors means a lot.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Oh Marie, I am so sorry to hear this, thought I hadn't seen you much latley.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family xxxxx

Elaine xxx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2009, 07:43 PM
I know and part of me feels like i have let every one down, not being here for others when they need the support.

Thanks for the hugs, i am gonna need them on the 18th as i will be going up for the results with my parents, not sure if i can keep it together, but i have to try for them.

The last thing either one of them need is to see my upset or worried about me.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
sorry to read this .
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Thinking of you all Marie....Hope they can do something to make your Dad feel better. Everything crossed here {{{Hugs}}}
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Oh Marie I am sorry to hear your news. I had to go to sort out my Dads results. I knew after they drained his lung the Consultant could tell then it was not good so I was halfway prepared for the news, Mum didn't know nor Dad and Mum chose not to tell him.

Take care of yourself it takes it out of you emotionally and you will need lots of support. Thinking of you all. X
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Thinking of you all Marie xxxx
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »