Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I'd wait a day or two Inca, there's more on the way according to the news.
i have lost 2 panels and with only me here today i have to get to it
i might be gone a while the winds up again but i have to make it safe for the girls
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Anyone down in South West - OH in Falmouth & his mobile is off!!!
Hi Sweep, tis pretty bad here although I am in Devon. The highest gusts have so far been recorded at Berry Head Brixham, just half a mile from me where Mo often has her run. Needless to say she is on the settee at the moment with her legs crossed
Many places are without power in the area, so if I disappear you will know why.
Here is a local link, stay safe everyone;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7286934.stm
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hi Sweep, tis pretty bad here although I am in Devon. The highest gusts have so far been recorded at Berry Head Brixham, just half a mile from me where Mo often has her run. Needless to say she is on the settee at the moment with her legs crossed
Many places are without power in the area, so if I disappear you will know why.
Here is a local link, stay safe everyone;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7286934.stm
Thanks for that Nippy

The weather here has got worse, we had a little lull, but is is full force again now
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 11:11 AM
It's quiet here at the moment. Blue sky and sunshine. Apparently, it's going to deteriorate around 1pm.....
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Well we had had another lull & it has been sunny but still windy, although clouding over again...............
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Getting rougher here and now the rain is battering against the window and it is so dark I have had to put the light on.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Getting rougher here too torrential rain, and we have just had the longest rumble ot thunder I have ever heard it was really spooky I thought for a moment it was a heavy lorry passing.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 11:55 AM
It's getting very scarey here nr the South Coast We had hailstones, terrific winds, and then the loudest thunderstorm I have ever heard with horizontal rain I couldn't get down the Town coz a lot of roads were shut with big fallen trees right across them being dealt with, but I had to take some stuff to mum's new room and that's right on the seafront!!! It was unbelievable, I could hardly stand up, then it all went very dull and quiet

Earlier on I took Georgie up on the green, and the noise was quite incredible, it was like a jet airplane taking off on the green with the noise of the wind in all the trees around. I've done my bit now, I'm back home and that's where I'm staying coz the worst is yet to come lunchtime! I expect me and Georgie will be hiding in the loo coz we're home alone and I really don't like it!

Hope you all stay safe and keep your power! That'll be the next thing, we'll have no power I expect!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 12:02 PM
OMG I just watched the latest Sky News weather forecast, and I sooooo wish I hadn't!!! The arrows for what we had earlier on were medium sized white arrows coming around Cornwall and up into my neck of the woods, but THEN, they showed the next lot coming which was put up in great big RED arrows, almost four times the size of the ones on their map this morning!!!! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, this is not looking good. I'm really getting scared here
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 12:08 PM
I think this one is passing us by but just wanted to wish you all luck as the storm builds.
Page 6 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »