View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Spice managed to get a lift with Wendy at the end of December and was delighted to meet Lynn and Rich. He had been in foster with them before, but in discussion with Lynn he has matured since their last spell and his energy is more settled. He is still high energy post kennelling, but mixing with her dogs and being told off appropriately by them and no set to to report. Spice is fostered in with 10 other dogs and spends sometime in a crate to his relief. He sits for treats and is separated during meals. Lynn and Rich can sincerely say having Spice there is pleasure and he has formed a really good relationship with Rich. So here he is now the year old dog and catching up for lost time, but proving himself to be a cherished terrier.

If you are interested in re-homing Spice please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
An update from Lynne on Spice:

“Spice spent his Christmas in Welwyn with Rich and Lynn mixing with 10 terriers and having fun. He was so good and loved to bits. His energy levels were high as he is a young dog who willingly accepted everything given to him and he would be up for more. He learnt a few manners and only blotted his copy book once when quickly restrained by his collar and Spice told his restrainers what for with a bite. So sad, as when he relaxes down and develops his relationship to a very close one then suddenly you realise 'Spice he ain't going to let you do that, sorry'! But no hard feelings actually quite the opposite as it was with sadness that his fosterers needed to return him and not related to the one incident. His foster place was only temporary and Lynn and Rich managed a few more extra weeks on top of what was intended.

Spice came back to the kennels, but sadly an incident when a dog lose in the paddock was only seen when it was too late and due to a blind spot in the paddock area. Sadly Spice was caught by the other dog. He had to have 7 stitches to under his jaw. Wendy (one of our walking volunteers) was there for him and has taken him home as a foster until his stitches come out.

She has been taking him to work with her …

Spice is proving himself to be invaluable in the office, and unlike the other people in the office he's happy to work for peanuts (well chicken actually!).

He is doing really well and soaking up the fun ... some how we try to keep him out of the cold and are hoping his home will come soon, he so deserves it”.

Spice really could do with some continued TLC in a foster home after all he has been through. If you think you could foster Spice then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in homing Spice please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Aww shame Wendy can't keep him, looks like he's having a great time. hope his stiches soon heal poor lad. Good luck Spice!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Way to go Spice you will be answering the phone soon.

Can we all here ''''wish you every luck in the world for your forever home'''''

Hope your stitches heal soon xxxxx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-02-2011, 11:19 PM
An update from Spices’s fosterer:

“I can hardly believe that it’s nearly 4 weeks since Spice came to stay with me. The idea was that he would just be with me while his wounds healed and until the stitches were removed, with that in mind I was able to bring him to work so that I could keep an eye on him. The stitches came out and I just couldn’t bring myself to put him back into kennels. He is such a lovely little dog, full of energy and fun and so quick to learn. He loves coming to work with me as he has made lots of people friends who are more than happy to spend some of the work day throwing a ball for him or practising his ‘sit’, ‘leave it’ and ‘paw’ commands!

Now the initial 2 weeks has stretched to 4 and he is quite obviously very well again I won’t be able to bring him into work with me anymore – they have been great and very understanding but it was only ever to help me and Spice out in the short term. I did wonder about leaving him at home but my dogs have been really grumpy with him as all he wants to do is play and they really don’t ‘do’ playing.

So, hard decision time, it is breaking my heart but little Spice needs to move on – I really, really, really don’t want to have to put him back into kennels especially as he has made such progress but I’m going to have no option unless some other kind soul can find it in their hearts to offer him an alternative. This has become really urgent now as I won’t be able to have him here at work next week.

He really is the most enthusiastic employee we've got! Spice's last day at work”

Here is the lovely Spice looking super after all Wendy's care and attention and his time in foster:

If you think you could foster Spice so that he continues to receive the care he had in his foster home rather than returning to kennel, then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Spice then please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-03-2011, 08:51 PM
An update from Karen (one of our volunteers) on Spice:

“I had the pleasure of a visit from Spice again last night. He really has come such along way…

Showing off his skills in 'watching' with Janet

And isn't he just so handsome?!!!

Bless him, like many terriers, he has his very own set rules and provided that is accepted and understood, he is a very lovely boy.

Please get in touch if you think you could help him and offer a foster home and some home comforts until he is homed.

If you think you can offer Spice a home then please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

“What a lovely sunny day it was! Had a good play with Spicey in the paddock, playing fetch and just generally chillin' out together.

Spice is currently in boarding kennels and available for foster until his forever home comes along. Please get in touch if you are able to offer him some TLC and a foster place.

Spice is available for adoption. If you are interested in re-homing Spice please complete our homing questionnaire online so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:20 PM
An update from Wendy on Spice:

“Spice spent quite a lot of time with me and my dogs this weekend - we went to Bohunt a few times as it was so hot so that they could potter and swim, and I could sunbathe! I took a lot of photos, not a lot of them were much good but thought I would share them anyway!

Getting his breath back!!

Okay, the ground may look flat-ish but is actually a hill - Spice lay down next to me for a roll and then proceeded to roll right the way down the hill to the bottom - very, very, funny!!

Then it was time for a swim!! He was given the job of swimming out and bringing back blanket weed - what a clever boy”!

Spice would really benefit from being full-time in a foster home! If you think you could foster Spice then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Spice then please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-06-2011, 09:54 PM
This dog has now found their forever home!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2