Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 04:39 PM

Bl**dy Insurance!!

Not sure if you all remember, back in the summer the case of the exploding fish tank and the raising of my laminate floor?? Well here we are 8 weeks and 2 days later and we still haven't had a thing done!! We have no flooring now in living room or dining room and it's getting cold!!

Have spoke to H*****x Insurance company and we keep getting 'paper work is going back and forth to builders'..........builders say they have put their quote in and are waiting for the go ahead from insurance, they did warn me they are very busy and once they get the go ahead it's going to be another 3 - 4 weeks before they can start the work

I have just about had enough, there are 6 of us in this house, the place is upside down.........plus all being well we have a litter due 11th December.

If things aren't sorted soon, then I won't be renewing with the H*****x next year!!!!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Keep phoning them and say say its not good enough because you know friends who had to claim and there's was sorted out by thier insurers much more promptly!

Hope its sorted soon tho CC!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 04:45 PM
let it all out Sharon .....then take really deep breaths ...............
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 04:49 PM
I've enough stress at the moment without this as well, we're making calls two or three times a week and we have to wait for somebody to call us back each time. Then get the same answer!!

I'm usually quite patient, but I've really had enough now...........next thing we know it will be Christmas!! :smt100
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Sack them off and get another when its sorted- thats a ridiculous amount of time to wait
We're with A***y N*t****l and they were really quick at sorting stuff out
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Hi We are with T--/L----s and they were fantastic when we dropped the luckily empty fish tank, when moving it.
Then the builders came next day to asses damage to the front door - fish tank fell into the door -damaging it - they couldn't repair it but replaced it only charging us £25 excess all finished in less than a week.
Fish tank dropped 4.30(approx) Wed
Builder out to assess damage to door Thursday 3.15pm
Cheque for replacement tank came Fri AM
New door came and was fitted on the following Tuesday
On the Wed another cheque came (I rang them to say I had already received the cheque) and they said because it was a fish tank I had only said the replacement price of the tank and obviously our tank needed new "innard" heater pump etc they had got quotes from "top range" fish shops and had sent me another cheque for what they considered to be the balance outstanding ie "£475"
I tried to explain the tank acc were not damaged as the tank was empty and they said "Thats fine you have spares now"
The cheques were both made out to me personaly not a company.

Karen
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 05:38 PM
We have the top insurance, with no excess. They refused to pay out for the fish tank as they say it was a fault with the tank........which it wasn't, OH decided to move it when it was FULL of water, so he actually put stress on the glass. So infact he broke it........still they refused to pay out on that.

It all started out well, within a day of phoning insurance company we had floor drying company out with de-humidifiers etc. they were left running for 2 weeks, said we would get back the cost of running the machines at the end of the claim. But ever since, absolutely nothing has been done. We have the claims adjusters mobile number, but it keeps going to answer phone, then when you ring the office, we get, sorry we are so busy but give us you name and phone number, plus claim number and we'll try and get somebody to call you back within 48 hours

I really don't know what else to try now! Anybody got any suggestions...............other than changing insurance companies when it's time for renewal??
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Try threatening them with the Insurance ombudsman or let them know you will t contact the local paper
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Don't get me started on the bloody H******X

I bank with them and they are horrendous
Yvonne
Dogsey Junior

02-11-2004, 07:22 PM
I'd take the advice of threatening them as Lel suggests! Has you OH tried talking to them.

Our old camper had it's roof ripped off in cross winds, I got talking to the insurance co and they nearly had me in tears stating the vehicle could be a write off. Phil was so annoyed to hear this and got in touch with them. Boy did the wheels move quick or what, within 2 weeks the vehicle was mended!

Companies can be so sexist on occasions.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >