Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2005, 12:16 PM

Grooming help

This is my problem.

1 grooming table into 4 hounds wont go.

It takes me an eternity to remove enough hounds to leave me just one, will settle for two, it seems as fast as I remove one, two more get back on. If and when I do finish with just one on the table, that one decides that it does not want to be groomed now and wants to get off to pick a fight with the one who is waiting to get on.

Why, you are asking do I not shut the excess hounds away, well because they are house hounds and apart from the noise they kick up, the damage a grooming deprived hound can do has to be seen to be believed. And then, of course, there is the OH who hates hounds who are noisy and/or do damage and our hounds rapidly become mine

Someone remind me what fun showing is
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2005, 12:25 PM
ah ha!! I've been in this situation before

Take the excess hounds into different rooms (or crates, depends on what you have) and either strew some food around the room/crate or get a chew out, or stuff some kongs. then shut the doors and presto!!! occupied hounds this works with Tam and Lucy, the barky spitz and the jealous mongrel

and yes, showing is fun!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Do know....you wouldn't believe that you dogs and mine are the same breed Jackie!!!
Mine LOVE baths...your hate them
Yours LOVE grooming....mine hate it!!! The only one who likes it is Asa....the rest run and curl up in the corner so I can't find them....si I've got that pleasure to come tomorrow!!!!