Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-04-2010, 08:55 PM

Jenson, Pointer x, 1-2 years

Jenson, Pointer x, 1-2 years

His Story: Jenson was found stray, but so were 4 other very similar looking cross breed dogs in the depth of winter in the same area over 2 weeks. We think we saved his mother and brother and we watched as 2 of his brothers found rescue places and when no one came forwards for Jenson ... we stepped forward ... oh are we pleased we did!

Salient points: Jenson is a medium size dog, young and well mannered. Meets dogs very well. Further assessment in a domestic setting has not been possible, but he is a very good dog.

Advert: Jenson looks like a pointer in brindle clothing...we think we have his mother who has a wonderful temperament and is bigger with very similar colouring. Jenson is a wonderful young dog who just needs a gentle guiding force to bring him through into the great dog he is so destined to be. He enjoys human and dog company and would love to have the activity his young body requires. So a good sized garden and an inclusive regime.

Jenson is just settling into the kennels and coping very well. He needs more and we are confident his family will offer him the scope and opportunity to embrace life and he will offer them companionship, a gentle temperament and an outdoor healthy lifestyle. We haven't caught his full beauty on camera yet ... he has long ears, bright eyes and fluidity of movement which will take your breath away ... to meet is to smile and gasp.

“Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-04-2010, 09:07 PM
An update on Jenson by one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

"My first encounter with Jenson, and what a great dog he is! He likes rolling in the grass and dust, and mightily impressed a nice couple at the pub, who were blown away by his handsome looks, calmness, friendliness, and mostly good manners. Well, I'm saying "mostly" because I'm not 100% sure if "if I sit for a full 10 min, will I get some of your chips?" counts as good or bad manners.

What impressed me is how attentive he is. He'll try to figure out what you want from him and then just do it. I could totally see him having fun with obedience or agility. He knows sit, stay, paw, wait -- he'll sit and wait at the stiles until you've climbed over and then come on invitation. This is supposed to be a dog in the difficult adolescent years"?!

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Wonderful, WONDERFUL boy. Surely he'll be snapped up in no time.....

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-04-2010, 10:05 PM
A few more pics of Jenson ...

Staring intently at the chips.

Chillin'
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-04-2010, 02:10 PM
One of our volunteers kindly took Jenson out for the day to give him a break from kennel life! Here is his update ...

“I was lucky enough to share a 'doggie day out' with Jenson today. Picked him up from the kennels at 10am and he jumped straight into the back of the car, eager to get his day underway.

Back to my house to pick up my own dog, his walking companion for the day. After some initial barks to show who the boss was, they both got on with the serious business of the walk. Spent a good one and half hours in the woods where we met several other dogs who he greeted nicely. He was great on the lead and only pulled when my own dog tried to get him playing. After investigating the woods, some fields and various ponds we headed for a great, dog friendly pub, The Jolly Tanners in Staplefield. It was here that the Jenson fan club was formed as several people came over to say hello and give him some well deserved cuddles, which he loved and responded in kind.

Joined by some friends with their dogs and again, Jenson was the centre of attention, being playful and friendly with the new arrivals.

All too soon it was time to head back to ours for a last half hour in the garden before returning to the kennels.

Jenson is a fantastic dog who has the looks and temperament to make anyone an incredible companion. He was a joy to be with today and proved himself to be an amazing, friendly, gentle dog who is just crying out for the right owner.

Took lots of photos of our big day out".

Lovely photos! Here are a few that I particularly liked ...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-06-2010, 08:15 AM
An update from one of our volunteers yesterday:

“Jenson went out for a walk this afternoon with Disney, Joe and Maggie. Jenson is a real gentleman, he is so gentle and walked well alongside the other dogs. He did pull on his lead a bit today but did settle. He had a slow walk as it was quite hot and he felt the heat. Even though he was so hot he did not mind when Disney sneaked in and pinched his water.

Yes just too hot for Jenson..second walk today”!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 04:37 PM
He is gorgeous!!! I love him!! Its the Pointer thing
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-06-2010, 08:47 PM
An update from Charlie on Jenson:

“Jenson seemed to think I was crazy to suggest a paddle in the stream...”

Can we just hang out here”?