Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 11:02 AM

Am I being naive???

Ok brief background, my son is 13 and doing well at school, sitting his first GSCE this year. When I went to parents evening in February I saw all his subject teachers who said his behaviour is impeccable and he is well manored and a pleasure to teach. At the end I saw his form tutor who said she had a complaint from another teacher not involved with my son who was claiming he was bullying other students. No students have complained. She said she was suprised to hear this too. So I gave him a lecture about how his actions could be perceived etc etc. Nothing else until yesterday I get a phonecall saying he is involved in bullying a boy with special needs However, said child is the one who is extremely violent in class to pupils and teachers alike. Again no complaint from pupil or parents from said same teacher. But no excuses for my son's alleged behaviour from me.

Spoke to son who says the technician who is making these allegations has threatened that he will not allow him to use the equipment he needs to pass his GCSE and has thrown things at him in the classroom.

Ok I now don't know what to believe! I've been given no reason by my son to think he is lying and surely someone else in the school would have noticed his bullying behaviour? But then why would a person in a position of responsibility do this????

Opinions welcome before I meet with them at 8.30 tomorrow!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Well Aliwin I think as he is your son, first thing (for me anyway) would be to get an appt with the head and discuss it, with your son and teacher present.

Firstly because if your son is telling the truth (and you see no reason why he isn't) then you are standing by him.....however if after the appt you find him to be telling porkies then you can deal with him appropiately.

I had this once with my youngest when he was 14 (something similar) and after we found that the teacher in question simply didn't like him not sure why but it came across as Steven being abit ''jack the lad'' and popular with others, somehow p'd this particular teacher off
Luckily there was another teacher that took the same subject and Steven went into her class for that study and she thought he was very bright and a pleasure (if a bit of a comic in class) to teach
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2010, 12:02 PM
I agree with Steph. I wouldn't like to say it isn't a Teacher that has it in for him we had this sort of thing with our eldest son when he was only 7. She put him through hell luckily we saw the signs early and stopped it.

Best to go in with an open mind and maybe take your list of questions with you so you don't forget to ask the important ones and then kick yourself when you come out because you have forgotten them.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks, I really am not one of these people who think their child is whiter than white but it's not like him. Their reasoning was that this guy is a technician not a teacher and sometimes the kids let their guard down with them and behave differently in front of a teacher. Must be an awful lot of stupid teachers at his school then if he can fool them all!!! I will write it all down though tonight....good idea.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Bless him....Take your son in to the meeting tomorrow, and let him tell the head teacher what he's told you

Hope you manage to get things sorted x
mumof5
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2010, 07:25 PM
i hope you get it all sorted.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Bless him....Take your son in to the meeting tomorrow, and let him tell the head teacher what he's told you

Hope you manage to get things sorted x
Originally Posted by mumof5 View Post
i hope you get it all sorted.
Thanks, will see what they have to say and take it from there now I suppose. But he has decided to pull out of his GCSE now until next year as he is so worried about it all