Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2005, 12:16 PM

He's got me worried!

Hello all,

I don't know what is the matter with Blackie, yesterday he was very quiet after he came back after his walk, so was I (he usually is quiet if I am having a off day) so I thought nothin of it, I put down his meal and treats that he gets at bedtime, give him fresh water and his nite time blankets etc. When I have got up this morning he hasn't touched anythng to eat or drink, he usually covers up his food if he doesn't want it, he hasn't even done that, he seems to have not moved all night. This morning when the man came to take him out he jumped up at him (he never does that) as though to say "thank god you have come to take me out of here". I asked the man to keep an eye on him, he says he has been running around like a nutter and passed his motions ok. When he came back he is again very quiet, and now he is acting very strange, he won't come into the main sitting room, he is at the minute peering around the door and whining at me, but won't come in. So does he know something I don't or is there something strange about today. How are your dogs?

Ian
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2005, 12:19 PM
You havent brought anything new into the house or that room have you ?
How old is Blackie?
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Hi Lel,

No I haven't brought anything new into the room, the only thing I can think of is when he was younger he got hold of a golf ball and cracked open the shell to expose the rubber banding, when it started to spring off in peices it scared him, now if anything sound similiar he takes off, but I can't hear anything happening. He just over 4 years old so he knows the house if you know what I mean.

Ian
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2005, 12:31 PM
It was Just a thought- both of mine hate a certain ornament i have and wont go near it
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2005, 12:33 PM
That's strange isn't it, I have been thinking and last night I got a white mark on my trousers and he sniffed it and took off, I have washed them overnight but he still a bit iffy about them. I don't like it when they act all odd like this.

Ian
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Harvey is scared sh**less of the remote control for the telly, why I don't know. If he see's you pick it up he's off like a whippet up the stairs and hides. He's also the same with Kronenberg cans, any other can he's fine but a kronnie can and he's gone!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-01-2005, 12:44 PM
...sorry to hear that Ian, it must be a big worry for you when anything is wrong with Blackie It does sound as if he has had a scare of some sort, perhaps a noise, but I would also keep an eye to make sure he is well. Will check here later for an update
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Blackie isn't happy with the remote control, I wonder if they can see or hear the remote signal. weird isn't it. Somedays he acts totally out of character, if anyone saw him going on you would think I gave him good hidings, which I would never do.

Ian
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2005, 02:19 PM
indie is a bit like that too. if anything in the room is out of place she stands there barking at it. For example one day our pillows on our bed were shoved down the back of it cos we had been putting new sheets on and forgot to put the pillows back, indie was jus standing there deep barking at them for ages until i put them back and she went back to normal
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Well folks, about half an hour ago Blackie gets up out of his chair and starts playing and acting as though nothing has been wrong, then he goes and gets his chew and gnaws away at it.

Dog's, strange things at times.

Ian
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >