Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 05:00 PM

Joint supplement

I have been advised to try Flexi Joint for Flame's arthritis but have been sent Super Flex (for horses) by mistake. I think the Flexi Joint is for equines too, so will giving Flame Super Flex be ok?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 05:14 PM
What does it say on the tin Kirsty? Usually, horsey stuff will say, sheep, cattle etc. etc. but I wouldn't like to say for sure that it would be ok for dogs. I've heard of these plus Cortiflex which I used mostly. I'm sure it's just based on a cod liver oil type liquid . Has the vet recommended anything specific? What about the powdered form of glucosamine, it's so very, very pure in that form and from the vet, like 99% unlike other products you can buy?
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Moobli

If it were me I would probably return it, and get the proper dog one. Also that will tell you what the correct dose is for a dog.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for your view ladies ... but too late! I already put a bit in Flame's tea. I am going to ring Tom at the hydrotherapy pool tomorrow and double-check it is okay for her to have.