Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Cain was fantastic, you must be very proud
There were deer and people and dogs everywhere, even so late, so I think both of them did pretty well!!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Cain was fantastic, you must be very proud
There were deer and people and dogs everywhere, even so late, so I think both of them did pretty well!!
Yes Kestral was great too, so many distrations and all those deer, but she was great She didn't seem too worried by big old Cain this time either, definately more relaxed and sneaking up for bum sniffs when he wasn't looking And she didn't bark at a single person, or even look like she was going too! Cain sooooo would have liked to have joined in with that duck hunt though
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Oh well done yet again Amanda!!!! Brilliant news!! You see, you only get back what you put in, and boy, have you and me both been putting it in for the past year or so, along with everyone else here in this thread, who really do care about how their dogs behave! It seems like everything CAN be fixed, you just gotta work and work and work on it! and if it can't, then find a way around it - simples huh!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 01:51 PM
YEY sounds like a Great walk with Cain, WELL DONE XXX

you must be so proud of your boy xxx (i know i am )
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Mini brag here

I couldn't believe how good Parker and Izzy were the other night. We were on the field opposite Norwich Prison and I was throwing a ball and they were both racing after it and then just when they got right near it a bloke came round the corner with an on-lead large Staffie, very near them. I called them both and they stopped straightaway and left the ball and came running back to me!

I was very surprised and pleased as Parker doesn't like Staffies and this one may not have been friendly as it was on a lead. I wasn't expecting someone to come around the corner out of a bush!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks all, I'm am really pleased with him, especially as Kestral is so small in comparison

Great recall there Steph! I hate it when things leap out of bushes
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Well done Helena and Zena sounds like she is doing great and making lots of new friends as well

Well done Cain and Kestral sounds like they had a lovely walk together

Well done Izzy and Parker having such brilliant recall

Just wanted to share how pleased i am with Ted I went to my uncles wedding yesterday and as he lives a couple of hours away i had to stay the night. Normally if i go away he stays with my parents who i live with and my dad walks him but as they where coming as well my friend kindly offered to look after him save me putting him in kennels. The only problem we've had is his refusal to walk without me, she managed to get him down the road last week without me but he refused to go any further even when bribed with treats. As it was only 1 night it wasn't a big deal but much to both of our surprise he happily went off with her last night and this morning for a couple of hours walk. He had a couple of little wobbles but she said she managed to distract him and carry on. On top of that apparently he met and passed quite a few dogs and only grumbled at one so i feel like the work we've put in has really paid off for him to be able to control himself even with someone else walking him. I'm hopefully off for a short break to London in a few weeks so i'm feeling a lot more relaxed about leaving him even though he will be being walked by me dad who he is used to.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Awww that's lovely At least you can relax a bit more when you have to leave Ted. Sounds like your friend was very good with him. Feel free to come and take Cain while you're in London if you really fancy a challenge
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Awww that's lovely At least you can relax a bit more when you have to leave Ted. Sounds like your friend was very good with him. Feel free to come and take Cain while you're in London if you really fancy a challenge
Thanks Amanda As much as i'd love to meet Cain i don't think i'm quite up to the challenge of walking him
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Cain didn't eat my neighbour!

My dog walker is on holiday this week and I was worried about Cain going all day, all week, without even a wee break. So my friend volunteered to pop in. Cain does sort of know her (she was one of the guests who came over the other week) but I had no idea how he would react to her letting herself into an empty house, with a key, by herself. But he was absolutely fine Let her in, went to the toilet in the garden like a good boy, enjoyed 45 mins of fuss and settled down nicely with a frozen kong (which he gave paw for ) when she left. She's going to go in every day this week for me. What a good boy. Just goes to prove that his aggression is through fear, once he knows you and is comfortable, he's absolutely fine.
Page 57 of 101 « First < 7 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 67 > Last »