View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 12:10 PM

Miracle Dog Licks Polio (Pet "Heals" Crippled Wendy)

Came accross this article in today's Scottish Daily Record, sorry I dont have a scanner and the camera doesnt photo it well so I will just copy type it in:

A polio suffered is claiming an Easter miracle - thanks to her pet dog. Wendy Francis had had no movement in her feet for 50 years.

But on Easter Sunday she felt a tingling feeling as eight-year-old Duke, a Papillion, gave her feet a lick.

Then she realised she cuold wiggle her toes, boosting the circulation and warming her feet. Delighted Wendy, 53, said yesterday "It is a mariacle adn I am going to let him lick my toes as much as he wants". Wendy of Invergordon, Easter Ross, was struck with polio as a three year old and needs splints to help her stand and walk short distances.

She explained "Duke has been licking my toes for ages. All of a sudden I noticed I could move my toes. I had such cold feed and to be able to wiggle my toes and feel the strength come back was brilliant". Experts were baffled by Wendy's experience.

Microbiologist Professor Hugh Pennington said they were still learning about how polio develops in people over the years. He added "All I can say is good luck to her, I can't see it doing any harm".

__________________________________________________ ______________

Just thought I would share the story not sure how much I believe it is down to the dog but a nice wee article.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 12:22 PM
hello laura

well Bruno is an elbow licker and Phil insists that the dry skin on his elbows has stopped since he gets regularly licked on the elbow by the Brunster ! i was hoping it would work for my cellulite "!! LOL
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 12:30 PM
LMFAO now that is a thought Dani though as much as Cassy loves to lick feet I think she would draw the line at my big fat orange peel bum lol
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 12:42 PM
thats kinda what i was thinking - was also thinking that you could maybe get done for animal cruelty if I made him lick my cellulite - he would be distressed for life LOL

dani