Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2012, 11:18 AM

Today is the day

it seems that Dillon has decided to test the boundaries.

Barking worse than usual for attention I thought we had seen the back of that. Jumping up when trying to get ready to go for our second walk.

On the field though good as always coming straight back when called. Even when a lab mix came onto the field as we were almost on the opening for home and neither of us saw it till it was on us so no point grabbing the line I let him go and say hello. Have to watch with the rough housing with him but he was very good had a good chase about and again each time I called him away he came back. Trouble was the other person was not calling their dog so we found it more difficult to get off the field.

Hey ho the fun starts now then. I had forgotten this bit.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Remember in doggy years he is comming up to the 'teenage' years Since the highlight of their day is 'walkies' it's only natural he will get excited, Bara was the same at his age, it will pass, in the meantime I guess you just have to try to keep him calm, yes difficult I know
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Remember in doggy years he is comming up to the 'teenage' years Since the highlight of their day is 'walkies' it's only natural he will get excited, Bara was the same at his age, it will pass, in the meantime I guess you just have to try to keep him calm, yes difficult I know
I remember when looking at the dog calculator at a year old large breeds are equivalent to 10 human years. So yes he is now at the age he is 81/2 months old and keeping him calm is difficult but with work we get there.

He is also now cocking his leg occassionally which started this week. With Ollie by this age if we could get him out for a walk it was a miracle let alone two 20 minute walks. Then he would have a 5 minute run around then plod with many lay downs inbetween. The same walk with Dillon takes roughly 20 minutes with Ollie it was nearly an hour and Dillon only stops to sniff. Of course we now why the difference and at least with Dillon it proves he is a healthy young dog. Even with his mild hip dysplasia and dodgy paw.
He has had a nice sleep and now just finished his lunch then hopefully another sleep while he dries off and then a good brush and some ramp work then sleep again.

You are right Harvey it soon passes as these dogs do age quicker. Physically if not mentally.
Alex Wright
New Member!
Male 

15-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Doggy Years, who in the world can forget those......
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I remember phoebe turning into a teenager sadly she never came out the other end an adult. At nearly 6 she is still a teenager.

Good look with dillions kevin stage
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Oh how i'm so glad i got to bypass the teenage stage with rob!

I know you're not asking for advice, but sweep used to be AWFUL whenever he saw a lead, he used to often fall over/run into things he got so excited. We used to just put it on and strait off again, or lead him round the kitchen in it, just so he stopped thinking every time he saw the lead he was going out.