Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 04:33 PM

Beautiful elderly Malinois in rescue

It's not often I see a rescue dog that really tugs at me, but I guess I'm not completely immune!

This girl is in rescue in Cheshire, and is a show-type Malinois, picked up as a stray before Christmas. The rescue estimate she's about 8 but the consensus among the Belgian experts is she's likely older, 12 or more.

There are so few breeders of show-line Malis in the UK that none of the breeders know who she is, or where she came from; most likely she originated from a breeder who died some years ago.

There is absolutely no way I am in a current position to have her at the moment, although I would so dearly love to. She would make an excellent steady companion for Merlin and her last years would be spent in comfort and dignity with all the fields of Somerset to run in.

Unfortunately I live too far away and don't drive, and am currently temporarily living with my elderly mother. Also Merlin would need time to get used to her - he doesn't take to strange dogs immediately, so the usual 'trip to the rescue to see if they got on' would be a dismal failure.

The only way it could be done would be for someone local to me to foster her, and I could possibly do it that way. (Gives me a chance to work on my mother!).

Anyhow, I thought I would share... Just in case there's someone on Dogsey who has Belgian experience and would cherish this lady in the twilight of her life.

Full details:
http://www.oldies.org.uk/?attachment_id=37596
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 06:57 PM
oh wishing her very good luck. will share.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I really hope it works out with a happy story at the end for this poor girl xxxxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
She is at the dogs home that Fudge came from.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Just terribly sad. Found as a stray? Ghastly. Poor love - hope somewhere can be found so her twilight time is spent in comfort and with love.....

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:26 PM
How can anybody do that Maybe she strayed from home you just never know do you, I hope she finds a loving home soon. I wish I hadn't looked at all those little doglets on that site, I've now fallen in love with Chum, he gets on with other dogs and he's almost in my area, very close to home........ but then I can't have 3 unless I get rid of Dave
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2011, 08:30 PM
How sad. The poor girl. Hope she finds a great home soon.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Fingers crossed, this girl may be out at the weekend... a Belgian Shepherd club member nearby is going to see her and hopefully take her home - it's the kind of shelter where you walk in, plonk your money down and you're handed the lead

So she could come down here to me except my mother has said no! Arrrgh.... so near and yet so far....
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Brilliant news
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:56 PM
what a sad sad girl... i truly hope someone gives her a home for her twilight years
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >