Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 09:22 AM

Our beautiful Gelert 9.2.2000 - 6.3.2012

Well, the deed is done. Our lovely Gelert is gone. What a horrible decision, and we still are convincing ourselves that it was time, even though we do actually know that it truly was. She left us whilst she could still have playtime even though she had to lay down to do it, and she still enjoyed her life. We spent the morning in the garden in the sun, then in the sitting room rolling her ball, and destroying pop bottles. Then she had a nap whilst me and my daughter chatted, it was just kept as normal as possible for Gels.
Ed the vet came to the house and he said that she could go on for a very long time as the head was willing, but her legs were letting her down, the messages were not getting through the nerves. He said that he trusted my decision when I spoke to him Friday....he has dealt with us since her operation 3 years ago...as I always knew Gels so well He agreed it was best for Gels.
My husband came home to be there too. It was such a shame that our son was on a training course and couldn't be there, but he came the night before with his girlfriend for his goodbyes.
Gelert slept peacefully away at 2.20pm, with my arms around her and me whispering all the sweet nothings in her ear, just as I've whispered in her ear while having a cuddle every day for the last 12 years. My daughter had her head on Gel's chest and my husband was stroking her back legs. Gels was as good as gold just as she has been for ever.
Today is awful. We've been awake since 5, but not really been asleep anyway, we both keep bawling....she's just not here and there's a hole in my heart that is so big it hurts.
My daughter just texted to say she's on her way to spend time here (she's on holiday this week which is a blessing as I dont know how to spend time here without Gels).
Anyway, before I flood the house with all these tears, I just want to thank everyone who posted when I told of the decision in the general dog chat section. Your posts brought comfort in the time that we knew what was coming.I've told my husband that he should read them too when he feels able. Once again, Dogsey came and helped me when I needed it.
Thank you.

Gelert, you will be in this family's hearts for ever and ever.
I love you Gels.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 09:26 AM
So, so very sorry. I was where you are last November so I know exactly where you're at at the moment and it's a terrible place to be so the biggest of hugs are winging their way across to you.

Run free lovely, lovely Gels. Shine down brightly on all your family and let them know that you are always with them in their hearts xxx
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-03-2012, 09:33 AM
They do leave a hole these dogs that in their youth we spend so much time being drove insane by, don't they?
Very sad reading, my thoughts are with you and yours.
RIP Gelert.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 09:38 AM
RIP Gelert

Run free at the Bridge
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh Gill, I do feel for you.
So many of us have been in your shoes, I guess thats why we try to give so much support.
Remember Gelert is comfortable now, you have done the kindest thing.

Give our regards to all the family, thinking of you and we will always be here for you xx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 09:50 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rune
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Sorry for loss...
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Sitting here with tears in my eyes for you

RIP Gelert, much loved xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Big (((hugs))) to al lthe family. Tears here reading it. It truly is a dreadful place to be in. Rest assured you have done the best for Gelert and she had a wonderful life.

It will slowly get easier but for now and a while yet you will be grieving.

Run free at the bridge Gelert.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 10:17 AM

So sorry for your loss.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »