View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Apart from perhaps Probiotic I never think it's good practice to advise folk about medical conditions on forums.

I'm no vet and and even if I was it wouldn't be good to offer advise without seing the dog.

Hope it all sorts itself out for you.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi Phil, wasn't really looking for advice, just other peoples thoughts and experiences. The people on here a veritable mine of information and knowledge and I wanted to tap into it!! He's under the vet, was there yesterday and will be back there at the weekend, I'm just not experienced with liver disease so wanted some first hand experiences realy!

Evie, ta, I also think that!
Mummy 2 Max, yep, wondered about the yellow colour!
Thanks all for your healing vibes and hugs, he's enjoying them, he's being a bit of a cuddle monster.

The good news is...no poo yet since being at the vet...maybe it scared it out of him?????? : )
He has eaten his breakfast and will have some lunch shortly, so fingers crossed he may be on the mend.
The worrying thing is I think it has sort of confirmed there are real liver problems going on as it was a 'possible' beofre this.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Glad Mo seems better so far today
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 10:59 AM
thanks!!! Fingers crossed.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Just seen this and wanting to send get well setter hugs to - glad to hear perking up though. Hope everything continues to get better!

{{Setter Hug}} and Extra {{{Hamish Hug}}} and slobbery kiss which only Hamish can do!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Glad to hear he's getting better, I'd check with the vet before you give him probiotics while he's taking other tablets because they can affect how other tablets work in dogs & humans.Would certainly give him some when he has finished the other treatment though.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 12:52 PM
thanks Rachel...especially for the Hamish kiss which I'm going to be selfish about and keep for me!!!

Still no poo today which can only be good!!!

Thanks Sue, we're being really careful with what he has and checking everything with the vet. I phoned our mormal Mo vet today and ahd a chat. She said it could be he is finding it harder to fight the bug off because of his 'possible' liver problems, but that she isn't unduly concerned.
He was a due a blood test this week to check his enzyme levels, the vet yesterday said go ahead with it when he's a bit better, which I was surprised at, but Mo's usual vet said to wait 2 to 3 weeks to allow the bug and tablets to work their way out of his system, otherwise his results could be up and it may be because of this!

As an aside I asked about starting him on glucosamine for his arthritis. She is keen for us to do that, but again glucosamine MAY effect his enzyme results so we are holding fire until he has had his next blood test, then she said we should go for it.
Thanks everyone!!! He's made up with having all these hugs and chicken to eat!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2