Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2009, 12:45 PM

Cordless Wahl Clippers

I've been told that Wahl clippers are very good and I want some cordless ones - I've looked online and there are two handheld ones I've seen. One takes 1x AA battery and the other looks a little bigger and takes 2 x AA batterys.

Anyone got experience of either of these clippers?
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Wahl are at the bottom end of the clipper market. It really depends on what kind of dog you are going to be grooming. They would probably be ok for just tidying up,ie bottoms of feet and such,but if you want to be clipping something that will take time and you want to make a good job of it, you need to invest in something like Moser cordless clippers or more expensive than those. The place you can see a selection is to go on line and view Simpsons of Langley who are one of the top grooming equipment suppliers. You could also contact them to get a catalogue in the post. They are very helpful,and will advise you on what you need. I have been dealing with them for 25yrs. good luck.
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks windhoud - thats funny as Wahl were recommended to me by several people! It's not actually for my dog but for my horse - just to shave the top of her tail and her feathers!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2009, 06:30 PM
I have a rechargeable Wahl but I only us it for under side of dogs tail and inside ears. Its great for that and holds its charge for a long time. For any proper clipping I use some thing different
vxvienta
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2009, 04:23 AM
I find the Mosar Arco cordles by wahl great. I have six toy poodles
shonnie
New Member!
Female 

03-05-2009, 10:18 AM
I bought a wahl cordless clipper for my long haired lhasa apso and it was hopeless. Do not waste your money on it.