Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ktpitt
New Member!
Female 

02-02-2017, 02:41 PM

Aggressive Walker

Hi Everyone! I have a 2 or 3 year old female pitt mix that was a rescue. When I first got her she was fine with walking and very friendly. Ever since she was spayed (it's been a month now) she has become an aggressive walker. Whenever another dog starts walking towards her she starts barking and jumping at them and pretty much her bark is worse than her bite. At home when dogs come in my house she's nice and friendly and is also fine playing with dogs in the backyard. Even when I'm at the vet she's friendly with other dogs. I haven't taken her to a dog park as its too cold/snowy where I am. I use a harness when I walk her and it clips by her back neck. I'm planning on taking her to a training school, but I won't be able to do that until May (I am in school myself and work so don't have a lot of time right now). Does anyone have any ideas why she is now like this or what to do so I can train with her myself with walking?

Thank you for ur help!
LauraK
New Member!
Female 

27-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Yes, the best thing you can do is to train her. I used these tips when I was training my dog. (link below), but it does take a lot of time and consistency, but she has definitely improved.

Also, it'd help if you got a front lead harness. It throws them off when they try to pull too hard. I use this one.