Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2005, 11:11 AM

5 small dogs urinating everywhere.

My sister has 5 small dogs - 1 male Yorkshire terrier aged 11, 1 Bichon male aged 17 months, and 3 Yorkie Bichon crosses aged 9 1/2 years (2 males and one female who are brothers and sister) She is having a big problem with them weeing all over her kitchen cupboards and bin and just about anything. It isn't an housetraining problem but more of a territorial one I think. They are doing it everynight and she comes down to wee all over the cupboards and everywhere. Its not the female and the Yorkshire terrier is my nephews and sleeps with him so its not him neither but its the two Bichon cross males and now the Bichon has started doing it as well. She can't cope with it any longer and doesn't know what she can do about the problem - has anyone any advice they could offer. I suggested crating them at night but she says she hasn't room for a crate in the kitchen. Is there anything else that she could buy that is very easy to collapse again in the morning Rehoming wouldn't be an option because of their age would it and I know that she can't cope much longer with it because its really getting her down and rotting her kitchen cupboards and the bottom of the fridge is going rusty so the only other option is having the two Bichon cross males put to sleep unless someone can offer advice to help to stop it. If they get upstairs they also **** their legs all over the bed as well

These are the norty dogs concerned

minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh dear. Could her local vet put her in touch with a poochie behaviourist? I saw a good book the other day based on the TV programme "Its me or the Dog". Might be worth a read because I am sure, in the series, there was a feature on territorial/dominance weeing. Hope she gets help soon xxx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 11:28 AM
foxy i use oibus oil you can get it in a spray or in liquid form i spray it on the cupboards my bin even the bottom of the cooker and since putting it down my boys will not pee there anymore naughty boys they know there doing it but i soon stopped them
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
foxy i use oibus oil you can get it in a spray or in liquid form i spray it on the cupboards my bin even the bottom of the cooker and since putting it down my boys will not pee there anymore naughty boys they know there doing it but i soon stopped them

Thanks Minky and Bluemerle for your good advice. Well as you probably know the problem has sort of solved itself but in a very sad way - Jed - the dog at the top of the picture was killed when he was hit with a car on Monday this week. Jed was the main culprit of the weeing on the cupboards she thinks. It has happened only once since he has gone and she thinks it was Toby the Bichon who she is going to have castrated after Christmas. Jed was the naughtiest of the dogs because he was very very intelligent.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Oh no! so sorry to hear that! Run free little one at Rainbow Bridge xxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
Thanks Jen - do you mean the oil that you put on your hanky when your nose is blocked up and it really smells strong ?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by minky
Oh no! so sorry to hear that! Run free little one at Rainbow Bridge xxx

Thanks Minky
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 01:22 PM
yes foxy thats the one its strong and the smell distracts the dog from peeing its worked on my boys and my sister is now using it at least you will get a nice smell from it thats all you can smell in my house is oibus oil