Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 08:46 AM

Morning dogsey daily thread Tuesday

Morning all. Are you buried under snow or just surfacing.? Just a very light dusting. No more than icing sugar really. Been out for first walk and Tyto enjoyed his perambulation. I love long words. Good for scrabble or have we stopped playing that now? I do have other hobbies Gordonmac. Reading and of course doglets. Sad about Anne Kirkbride. No more stuffed marrow. Corrie like all soaps are always left on a cliff hanger, literally for poor Carla. Would prefer Tracy to go. But only in soapland. The long worded complaint about ribs etc. is easily caused by lifting and straining to do something that can be quite normal in everyday life. Like tunring on a stiff tap or even just screwing in a screw. My daughter has it and it can recur at times. Well must away and do something else. Have a good day everyone and get well all those that are poorly. There is a lot of it about.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Morning Brenda and everyone.
Lynn I hope you are feeling okay to day xx
Moyra, hope your feet have survived the Vicks and that you are feeling better.
Lacey, I hope Sarah is on the road to recovery today
Everyone else, who my brain won't recall, I hope you are all surviving the cold.
Nothing much on the agenda for me so I could be in and out of here
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Morning brenda and Nippy Jen.
No snow but very cold and we have heating problems again and no hot water and can't do anything till Friday when we have some money again. So not a good day what with everything else going on. Gorden was pretty useless yesterday sorting anything out so has been sent to work with a rather large flea in his ear. Of course by the time he was leaving he was saying he would stay home. Couldn't be doing with that today so sent him on his way.

Hope Sarah is feeling better today Eileen I was sorry to read she was unwell again.
Hope all other poorlies are feeling better today too.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Good Morning Brenda and Jenny. I didn't do the Vick but perhaps I should have as I could hardly stand on my feet last night. I took extra colchincine but it didn't help other than cause problems the other end. In the end I had to take paracetamol. Have just got back from walking Amber with great difficulty no snow here but frozen white with heavy frost!

Bless her she used the patio during the night as she has a dog flap covered by a curtain that she can use. So just cleaned that up. It would be good if she could resort to the patio while my feet are bad but I appreciate she needs to stretch her legs as well so not a lot of choice. I did say to Steve irrespective of the weather I ought to get the mobility scooter out again, although at the same time I do appreciate I should be trying to use my own ambulation even if it hurts. The trouble is I do not trust the pavements round here.

I hope Sarah and Lauryn are ok this morning worrying for both their mums. Good luck with treatment for both.

Griff you too and your da and ma hope they too are on the mend. Everyone seems to be minus A1.

Myra hope you too are ok but please think before you type how you may offend as you often do, I am sure you do not mean to but you have an unfortunate way of advising peeps.

Lynn, hope that things are easier for you today. Hope Dillon is ok, I assume you had to leave him yesterday bless him. You didn't say about poor Gil when I asked how she was coping and was she now back on chemo again.

June, Hope the girls are ok. Weather permitting! I hope LG is also ok out there on the Moor.

Norma, Do hope you have some respite up there. It's tough if you cannot get out.

Have a good day all, I know I have missed some, not intentional. Do miss Helena and her story of her walks, Jenny too and her two boys. Shame we have lost so many members lately, although I have noticed some lock in but just not post.

Amber is given me the cries right now. She wants spoiling with dentastix but I am not going to give into her. She has had a couple already this morning along with her chicken drumstick and fresh food. So no she has to loose some weight now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Oh Lynn, that place has been one disaster after another. I do feel for you!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2015, 09:28 AM
It sure is Moyra. Gill starts chemo tomorrow.
Do hope the feet feel better soon. I am not even attempting to walk Dillon yet hoping the sun thaws the frost soon.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 09:41 AM
The sun is starting to come out here. I wish Gill well with her Chemo tomorrow, poor lass she certainly has been through the mill. I don't blame you not taking Dillon out yet but you have a large garden he can relieve himself in while you wait for the frost to thaw. My garden is too sodden for her to go on so there is just the patio.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Morning all.

I posted a long reply yesterday and then my phone froze so I lost it but Moyra I said that my OH couldn't take the meds for gout because of his other tablets. He was taking cherries in every form but nothing worked and his foot swells and his knee is giving him gyp so sounds similar to you Moyra.

Oh no Lynn what a pita. Can you get your log burner going?

Lacey hope your daughter gets sorted and everyone else take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Morning all
No snow here we just have frost, i won't be out until at least mid morning
Lynn, sorry to hear you are having boiler trouble again...it's not fair. Wish Gill well with her chemo for me
Moyra, hope the feet stop hurting soon, do you hav e afoot spa at all? was wondering if the warm water may ease the pain
Brenda, deidre used to make me laugh with her marrow and i agree it should be tracy that gies...can't beleive she would still be walking round in one piece in real life
Nippy, i am sure you will find something to keep you occupied today
Wishing both Sarah and Lauryn well and hope Sarah gets on o.k at the hospital
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Good morning fellow members it was bitterly cold here this morning as Chloe and I crunched our way over the frozen fields. There was a magnificent sunrise with a blood red sky.

I have been awake since 4am coughing and was tempted to go on the laptop but it was too cold sitting up in bed.

I don't have Hannah today which is a big relief when I am not feeling well. She has gone with the the twins an the rest of her nursery class to see Donaldson's 'Room on the Broom' which Nanna would have enjoyed too.

My son is coming for lunch and I am going to 'potter' today , one of the perks of being retired is pottering

Stay warm everyone
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »