Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2013, 06:10 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey peeps

Wednesday already, where is this week going. They said it would be cold and cloudy today, but looking outside I've got a beautiful blue sky again, although it is a bit colder, not cold enough for the heating yet though.

Wasn't around at all on the puter yesterday, it's amazing how much you can get done without it I spent far too long in that van yesterday morning, but it's clean as a whistle now, just got to de-frost the fridge today, and I can't do much else until Dave turns that water back on. I managed to take a big container full of water and I had the kettle but it was such a faff I won't be doing that again today.

I was sewing up curtains at 9 o'clock last night cos I wanted to get those finished and I'll put them up today.

My poor neighbour up there has got to go into hospital for 3 days for some tests and she's got a lovely blind springer spaniel who she's worried about. I did offer to take him cos Zena has met him and was very, very nice to him (I suppose she knows), but she said he would be far too scared and he poops and pee's everywhere and wouldn't want me to go through that I could find a way though, but she's going to try and get her son who's a lorry driver to take him on, but it's difficult when she doesn't quite know which 3 days yet

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, especially little Keshi June, I do hope she's perked back up for you now and back to her bouncy self.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Morning Helena. A very busy but successful day.
What a worry for your neighbour I hope she manages to sort the poor little dog out. Bad enough having to go into hospital without the worry of dogs or children.

Bit overcast here and feeling a tad nippy with the door open.

Sally safe journey to the lakes.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning H and all

I hope your poor neighbour manages to get hold of her son, always a worry when you have dogs who rely on you.

Things are returning to normal (whatever that is) after scottish power managed to fry half of our electrical equipment at the weekend. Some things have been repaired and some replaced with new.

The fridge/freezer is being repaired today but I don't know when the caravan will be sorted, the battery side of things seems fine but half of the mains system is not.

I am taking my cousin to the dentist today, his final visit hopefully.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Me eldest son stayed last night and he left for work at 6.45. Younger son just getting ready for work but he is still feeling unwell after having had a virus for 3 weeks or two back to back He now wants to get on to some abs as he's sure its landed on his chest. I'm off to have my hair trimmed at 9.45 so won't be back on until lunchtime.

Helena - wow what a busy day you had yesterday but it sounded very successful. Can your neighbour's ex not have that lovely springer for a few days? I think he was the ex and not the son Good luck today getting more done.

I hope any poorly people and dogs are feeling a lot better today.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Hi Lynn - I hope you have a good day and hear from your solicitors with those answers. Enjoy your Dillon walk.
Moet - I did wonder what had happened as a result of Scottish Power frying your electricity system Was any other households effected or just you. What a dreadful inconvenience and I hope they get everything back to full working order, including your caravan.

See you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Morning everyone,

The fisherman is home and I took him in a cup of tea. I expect he will sleep as much as he can until it is time for the doctors as he doesn't do much sleeping up the lake.

Helena, well done on getting the little van all ship shape again. Now just the curtains to finish.

Lynn, I do hope you hear from your solicitors today with the answers you need. Enjoy your walks with Dillon.

Moetmum, glad things are getting back to normal although it still seems there is more to be done. Hope they sort your caravan out as well.

Shaggy 2, Jenny sorry to hear your younger son is still not very well poor lad. Maybe some Abs would help him especially if it has gone onto his chest.

TW hope Keshi is back to normal this morning bet she does too missing her bones.

Well I must go for my flu jab later on this morning and as I say himself has to go sort out what they are going to do about his back and shoulder. Physio I imagine unless they suggest an op. Have a good day all and stay safe, God bless. Moyra
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning fellow members quite a reasonable morning.
I have just about finished preparing the garden for the winter so am relived that is done before the weather turns nasty.

Hannah is with me again this morning, we are going to make gingerbread men

Enjoy your day everyone .
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2013, 07:50 AM
There are only three families here Shaggy 2, we are closest to the supply so took most of the surge, we very nearly got a brand new 32" tv, there was a lot of head scratching as to where on the list this tv was until I noticed it had someone else's name on it!

Lucky you Mini, I miss cooking with my daughter when she was young.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Morning all
HELENA,sad about the neighbour and her dog Hope she gets it sorted
LYNN,how you feeling??
MOYRA,you take such care of your son Think I might move in too Good luck at the doc's
SHORTIE SHAGGY,hope your son feels better soon,bless him he got it bad.Hope the hair do goes well
MINI,my garden is all weather proofed too,even cleaned out the drains Enjoy your day with Hannah
LORE,take it easy today with your back
Hi to everyone else Have a great day whatever your up to ( still no Malka?? )
See ya later xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning all.
Another lovely day, I've just walked to the local shop in just a tee shirt (before you all have coronaries I did have trousers on as well )
Today I am going to do all that housework that I didn't do yesterday

MM I hope Scottish power sort you out, shame about the TV!
Good luck with that jab Moyra and thanks because you have reminded me that Hubby has to go on Saturday.

See you all later.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »