View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-06-2013, 06:08 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Morning everyone. No sunshine as yet and it seems a bit blowy today.
Another day of not much on except waiting for the call from the EA to see if we have an offer on the table and if its the right offer or if we will be negotiating or no offer at all and the reason why. Or maybe she wants it but not at the right price.
If we get the offer we want I will be on the phone to the agent for the little cottage in Brandon and there is also one in a village called Pentney we have our eye on not so cottagey but a huge garden and lakes nearby.
You could come visit Harvey and be Dillon'd when you are staying that way. We could sit it that wonderful garden drinking tea even if there is 6 foot of snow. Ok then maybe not.
Gorden is at work today Michael is out after returning home after a week from London. He went out Thursday or Friday last week for college or work I forget now then sent a text that evening change of plan having dinner at a friends see you sometime over the weekend. He text last night for a lift from Epping.
Might be another week before we see him he has college for a couple of hours then is going to lunch with friends.
So Dillon and I have a lovely quiet slobbing around day after our walk. Just need to hoover downstairs I have done enough housework over the last two days to warrant at least one day off.

Helena everything crossed the rain holds of today and that problem at the van gets sorted properly so you can relax.
Chris I do hope things are ok at home as we haven't seen you for a couple of days.
Lorraine hopefully you got a good nights sleep last night as
Davie was all tucked up in his own bed. Sounds like he had a wonderful time.
Bev I hope Lily's paw isn't too sore today and that things are improving for Charly.
Jenny I hope you are feeling better today and not so down.
Malka that we haven't got to have a whip round to bail you out.

To anyone else feeling poorly or with poorly pets wishing you better soon. Those with troubles that they ease soon.

I'm off to make my first cuppa of the morning and do breakfasts for Gorden and Michael while they are getting ready to head out do Dillon's breakfast and make Gorden his packed lunch.
I'm ready for bed just thinking about it.

Have a safe and lovely Wednesday.
See you all in a while.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Lynn I hope you hear for the EA today with an offer. That cottage in Brandon is gorgeous and I could imagine you, Gordon and Dillon being very happy there, even in the pics it gives off lovely homely, happy, vibes. Fingers crossed.

As Lily decided she is now a 3 legged dog and cannot possibly put a bandaged foot to the floor, I thought she had better feel an unloved one too as she can't possibly get up and down the stairs on 3 legs. So last night I shut her in the living room for the night instead of letting her come up to bed with me. Never heard a peep from her although the eyes of an abandoned ill treated unloved dog met me this this morning .
I took her for a little walk up the road and back just now and once we got out of the front door she suddenly managed to walk on that leg fine. Now we are home its become unusable again .

Looks like its going to rain. I hope not as I hate trying to keep bandaged feet dry and I can't slip one of her boots over the bandage as it grips right where her sore bit is and carrier bags are useless. Still at least it is only till tomorrow afternoon.

I am out this morning and then work this afternoon, I must try and fit in getting some more promotion done for our greyhound walk I am organising, its getting very close now.

I hope today is a better day for all of those of you feeling poorly, down or with problems to sort.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Good morning Lynn and fellow members,

No rain YET, but dull and blustery. The wind has changed direction which I'm delighted about as it means I can have the kitchen door open on the balcony and the boys can at least have access to that (if I barricade the other end off to stop them having access to the garden) while all the decorators' materials are this side of the house. I can't wait for them to finish now .

Lynn - I hope you have a lovely relaxing day.

I'll be back again shortly but I need to go and walk the dogs before the workmen get here (and the rain).
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Morning Lynn morning all
Bet your on tender hooks today for feedback from your EA with the RIGHT offer from the lady yesterday
Would be bliss with a garden that size of the cottage in Brandon fingers crossed
Rained the whole night still raining now oh poo
Didn't shut an eye the whole night too much whizzing around in my head ,feel like a zombie now
Workmen supposed to be here at 8 am won't hold my breath
With the weather
Muppets not going too be happy spending the day in the kennel ,daren't have them inside with all the doors open ,with workmen traipsing in and out
Collecting the munsters late afternoon so that should work in ok
Do hope all poorly 2and 4legged get better soon special hugs to Lily please all look after yourselves
All with problems ,worrys are sortable and only weenie ones
Hope you all have a great day
Take care stay safe
Humongous hugs to those that need them xxxxxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, Jenny and all

Fingers crossed that you get an offer today Lynn.

I had to laugh at Lily, they can be so funny at times.

Good luck with the workmen and the rain Jenny.

It's very damp here this morning but nothing actually falling as yet. I will be off to Farnham today, we are going to be putting a first coat of emulsion on the new ceilings. We decided to take my cousin with us so he can put flowers on his dad's grave as it's fathers day on Sunday, fish and chips from shop and we are sorted!

I have my caravan booked in to be resealed tomorrow, the weather forecast is gales! Not looking forward to that very much!

Have a good day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, Jenny, Norma, Gerry and all

Well, my nightmare hasn't ended yet, cos I've been awake half the night, thinking that blooming bag of earth might have been too heavy for that contraption of their to lift off the ground This then escalated into thinking about the guy moving ALL his belongings out on Sunday (and there's a lot of it), nowhere to park cos it's on the little driveway, and it still being there when my guests arrive, not to mention the fact that the builder can't clean up with it there Why is life never straightforward!!!

I could be wrong, but I've e-mailed the chap and told him I'm not going up there at 9 o'clock and if that bdooly bag's still sitting there, then he's going to have to go into the manager's office and explain his dilema (stupidity!) and sort it out before I come up and pay him!!!

Just had a really sweet e-mail enquiry for a week in September where she has said "Sparky wants to take his two oldies away on holiday...." awwwww, so I replied in the same tone and hopefully, she'll book. I reduced the price dramatically cos old Sparky only has his old owner and I only have the big van available for that week. Better it gets filled at a much reduced price than not at all, especially in its first year.

I tried to keep up a bit on here yesterday, but this morning I've almost lost the plot, so apologies. Hope you get an offer on the table though today Lynn.

Sally, I hope you're getting over the worst and the tears will subside.

Jenny, good luck with those painters, I hope it doesn't rain on them, cos it sure looks iffy down here today.

Malka, I hope you had a good day resting yesterday, cos I know you haven't been too well, so some (((((hugs)))) for you.

Same for you Gemini and Moyra, not to mention you Jen, hugs flying everywhere, where needed today.xxxx

I do hope I get through today without blowing my top, and enjoy yours everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Lynn I hope you hear for the EA today with an offer. That cottage in Brandon is gorgeous and I could imagine you, Gordon and Dillon being very happy there, even in the pics it gives off lovely homely, happy, vibes. Fingers crossed.

As Lily decided she is now a 3 legged dog and cannot possibly put a bandaged foot to the floor, I thought she had better feel an unloved one too as she can't possibly get up and down the stairs on 3 legs. So last night I shut her in the living room for the night instead of letting her come up to bed with me. Never heard a peep from her although the eyes of an abandoned ill treated unloved dog met me this this morning .
I took her for a little walk up the road and back just now and once we got out of the front door she suddenly managed to walk on that leg fine. Now we are home its become unusable again .

Looks like its going to rain. I hope not as I hate trying to keep bandaged feet dry and I can't slip one of her boots over the bandage as it grips right where her sore bit is and carrier bags are useless. Still at least it is only till tomorrow afternoon.

I am out this morning and then work this afternoon, I must try and fit in getting some more promotion done for our greyhound walk I am organising, its getting very close now.

I hope today is a better day for all of those of you feeling poorly, down or with problems to sort.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Morning Bev. Cheeky Lily. I hope the rain holds off for you so Lily's bandage doesn't get wet.
We tied a Tesco carrier bag round Dillon's. It was a bit looser than a sock and did the job for him to go out and do his business and a short walk.
Good luck with the promotion.
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Good morning Lynn and fellow members,

No rain YET, but dull and blustery. The wind has changed direction which I'm delighted about as it means I can have the kitchen door open on the balcony and the boys can at least have access to that (if I barricade the other end off to stop them having access to the garden) while all the decorators' materials are this side of the house. I can't wait for them to finish now .

Lynn - I hope you have a lovely relaxing day.

I'll be back again shortly but I need to go and walk the dogs before the workmen get here (and the rain).
Morning jenny. Good luck with the workmen and the rain we have already had some and looks like another lot is about to hit us.
Nothing wet though its that fine summer rain.
I am sure the boys will love being on the balcony masters of all they survey.

Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Morning Lynn morning all
Bet your on tender hooks today for feedback from your EA with the RIGHT offer from the lady yesterday
Would be bliss with a garden that size of the cottage in Brandon fingers crossed
Rained the whole night still raining now oh poo
Didn't shut an eye the whole night too much whizzing around in my head ,feel like a zombie now
Workmen supposed to be here at 8 am won't hold my breath
With the weather
Muppets not going too be happy spending the day in the kennel ,daren't have them inside with all the doors open ,with workmen traipsing in and out
Collecting the munsters late afternoon so that should work in ok
Do hope all poorly 2and 4legged get better soon special hugs to Lily please all look after yourselves
All with problems ,worrys are sortable and only weenie ones
Hope you all have a great day
Take care stay safe
Humongous hugs to those that need them xxxxxx
Morning Norma oh that's horrible when your head is so full of stuff and you can't sleep.
Good luck to you too with your workmen. I hope the muppets don't hold it against you for too long keeping them in the kennel.
Don't feel your the only one with rain today its pretty grim here too bit dark like an autumn day.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Morning all!
Lynn good luck, I hope you hear something positive from the EA.
Bev, Lol at Lily, hope she will be ok, they are monkeys these dogs
Hello Jenny Norma and Gerry
Helena, I hope all goes well with the bag and the builders. The new assistant in our corner shop is called Helena, I said oh hello, I've got a very good friend called Helena! Well you is int ya!

I'm feeling a bit easier today, I don't "do" mornings so if there is a problem it always seems twice as big in the morning to me
Hope you all have a good day, very wet and windy here.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Fingers xd for you Lynn!

Riding and packing for me today
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Good morning fellow members just been out with Chloe and it feels more like autumn than summer with drizzle and a strong wind.

Hannah will be 2 tomorrow and my DIL has just asked if they can all come for lunch which I hadn't expected . It seems to take me longer to organize things these days, I can't cope with spontaneity at my age .

Enjoy your day everyone
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »