Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Pereg has discovered ice cubes are fun!

I dropped one on the floor and woosh, it was in her mouth and - hey mom, what is this?

Chomble chomble chomble, oh nice, may I have another one please?

So now I guess I will have to make sure I always have ice cubes.

They will not harm her will they?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 08:01 PM
they can be dangerous , if she trys to swallow one thats too big , be careful
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 08:04 PM
alot of people put icecubes in their dogs water in the summer...like i do

Ruby has a thing for frozen chips...
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2011, 08:13 PM
They are only very little ice cubes and Pereg does very good crunchy crunchies! I just do not normally make them as I have a water machine [like an office cooler] which provides either very hot water for tea/coffee or very cold water.

But for some unknown reason I decided to make ice cubes.

And Pereg has decided she likes them!

I am not worried about her swallowing them whole - she now has frozen chicken wings and frozen gizzards [chicken and turkey] and turkey tails, the latter being rather large, and she licks and chombles them, biting off bits, and does not try to swallow them whole.

Rubster, do you mean Ruby likes raw frozen chips? I do give Pereg frozen diced sweet potato but that I have lightly steamed before freezing. so do not give it raw, and have never given her regular potatoes.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
They are only very little ice cubes and Pereg does very good crunchy crunchies! I just do not normally make them as I have a water machine [like an office cooler] which provides either very hot water for tea/coffee or very cold water.

But for some unknown reason I decided to make ice cubes.

And Pereg has decided she likes them!

I am not worried about her swallowing them whole - she now has frozen chicken wings and frozen gizzards [chicken and turkey] and turkey tails, the latter being rather large, and she licks and chombles them, biting off bits, and does not try to swallow them whole.

Rubster, do you mean Ruby likes raw frozen chips? I do give Pereg frozen diced sweet potato but that I have lightly steamed before freezing. so do not give it raw, and have never given her regular potatoes.
Yes Ruby likes raw frozen chips...I only use them on a Thursday night as theyre quick to cook in the 25min time span to get in from work & get kids fed & out to their group. She only has one, but as soon as she hears that bag rattle shes there like a shot
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Bless her

Vet told me to give Diesel ice cubes

Diesel loves his ice cubes xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Ahem. Pereg is currently just outside and I think she is catching and eating some sort of flying wotsits that crawl more than they fly.

Eeek.

But she is so happy and I love her so much.

She looks wonderful at the moment. Her coat is gleaming and I am pretty sure she has lost the weight she initially gained after being on medication, and she is just so content and so happy - and it makes me weep to think that she has been hit by this horrid epilepsy.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I dropped one on the floor and woosh, it was in her mouth and - hey mom, what is this?

Chomble chomble chomble, oh nice, may I have another one please?

So now I guess I will have to make sure I always have ice cubes.

They will not harm her will they?
Not at all - I had a young pup who learned to jump up and press the lever down on the ice maker control of the fridge to make the ice cubes come tumbling out. He gobbled up the ice cubes but I guess, as with us, if they eat too many it would cause the core body temperature to drop and cause a massive gastric upset so not too many at one time.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Millie LOVES icecubes she hangs around me hopping I will drop one for her when im putting them in my drink she is only young but chews them up first and likes the crunchy noise they make :>
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 07:31 AM
My dogs often have ice cubes in their water when we are travelling.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >